Project Manager - Electronic Engineering
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Honeywell active
View all jobs Project Manager - Electronic Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.Requirements
Are you the type of person we would like to meet?
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Qualification in Project management preferred
Work Experience Required
- At least 2 and a half years’ experience in electronics, and/or project management of technical work
Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
- Strong planning, organizing and project management skills
- Understanding of Firmware or development processes
- Good Financial Acumen
- Ability to present idea and plans to senior business leaders
Behavioral Competencies Required
- Analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new techniques and technologies.
- Planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively.
- Ability to influence peers and work laterally and diagonally in an organization.
- Demonstrated contribution in team oriented environment.
- Awareness of latest trends in Manufacturing.
- Good spoken and written English.
1. Requirements: Ensure Product Requirements are detailed and signed-off, including necessary peripheral items for complete delivery. Manage requirement changes during the project, updating plans and escalating impact as necessary. Contribute to identifying cross-product impacts and system implications.
2. Planning: Contribute to initial planning with resource and cost estimates for project Charters. Develop and agree detailed and achievable project plans with all contributors. Create and maintain all project plans in Planta with identified PDP Milestones.
3. Resourcing: Agree project team with resource managers. Negotiate to obtain necessary project resources, staff and equipment. Create project Capex and approval documentation in line with agreed processes. Raise Purchase Requisitions for equipment and services specifically required for the project. Negotiate contracts with external providers using support from Group Purchasing as assigned.
4.Project Tracking: Track project progress against plan and spend (resource and costs) against budget. Resolve issues that arise, escalating if required. Ensure all deliverables are completed to plan and quality targets. Maintain a complete estimate of product cost within agreed thresholds and escalate deviations from Charter/Approval targets.
5. Reporting: Produce a weekly report (in defined format) showing progress and achievements, and identifying risks and issues with proposed mitigation plans. Contribute to Departmental reporting when required.
6. Communication: Keep extended team and all internal customers informed of progress and changes. Act as an interface for the project to Product Managers and other business processes (e.g. Marketing communications)
7. Drive Projects to completion: Organize and lead Kick-off Meeting with multi-discipline team. Organise and chair formal Project Reviews and Milestone/Gate Reviews in accordance with ACS processes. Chair and administer regular project team meetings to track progress and deal with issues and blockages arising. Ensure formal process steps are followed and project records are maintained to process requirements.
8. Coordinate Cross-functional activities and engagement: Ensure cross-functional contributors are engaged and committed, and facilitate them to deliver their contribution in line with agreed plans. Maintain effective links with the Manufacturing Planning, Purchasing, Production Engineering and Production Test functions.
9. Risk Management: Prepare and manage risk reduction strategies and plans. Generate and maintain a project risk register in agreed format. Encourage use of best practices in planning, development and test to reduce risk throughout the project lifecycle.
Please be advised that this role is based at either our location in Lugoj or our new location in Timisoara.
JOB ID: 00313058 (can be used to apply on Honeywell Career Site)
At Honeywell, we share a passion for technology, innovation and creativity and the unwavering belief in its ability to transform lives and the world around us.
This passion drives everything we do and we are looking for a new colleague that is driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are our key regarding competitive advantage.
As our Project Manager is you will be responsible with the end-to-end delivery of assigned value engineering projects, from Charter Approval though to full availability to customers.
You will be the one to drive progress throughout the project lifecycle by providing focus for the contributors, owning and tracking project plans and working to identify and resolve issues and blockages that arise.
You will have the responsibility for the project itself, irrespective of ownership of the resources, and they work across functions, line-management and organisational boundaries to achieve comprehensive delivery.
Let us invest in you! We offer …
- career progression opportunities in our international company
- the chance to make an impact, bring your value and leave your mark
- competitive remuneration and benefits package
Apply today to experience and explore our world and imagine what we could achieve together! Hit the SUBMIT button and join our fast growing team!
Want to learn more? Visit:
- Our career website: www.careersathoneywell.com
- Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcMf_TFS0kA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. - See more at: http://www.careersathoneywell.com/en/jobsearch/jobdescription.aspx?languageid=1&jobid=00281661#sthash.O3RzNOF7.dpuf