Helpdesk Analyst - German/Swedish
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
- The correct call type, fault area and cause is identified as per company standard
- Full and concise details of the incident are recorded onto the call logging system as per company standard
- Relevant checks are carried out to ensure correct diagnosis of fault as per 1st level documentation in order to avoid 3rd party charge-backs
- Customers are kept updated on the progress of calls in accordance with agreed priority and SLA
- Good timekeeping and attendance is maintained
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
Skills - Essential:
- Advanced level of English and German / Swedish
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight timescales - this is a very busy department dealing with high call volumes.
- Ability to turn work around quickly whilst still maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Customer focused � has the ability to empathise with customers and is able to deliver great customer service to required standards in a professional and polite manner.
- Good listener and remains calm when dealing with incidents.
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to tailor communication so that it is clear and easy to understand.
- Enthusiastic - genuinely wanting to deliver a first class service.
- Maintains a smart and professional image at all times - Micros clients will often visit the Helpdesk.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Articulate and methodical in approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- PC literate - including a basic knowledge of hardware and MS Windows / Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop specific customer knowledge over time.
Skills - Useful
- A basic understanding of Networks.
- Quick learner able to become productive quickly.
Experience � Desirable
- Experience of working within a similar support role, ideally within the retail sector.
- Experience of using a call logging application (for example HEAT)
Experience - Useful
- Experience in the use of Electronic Point of Sale equipment is an advantage although full training will be given.
- An understanding of the retail business sector and/or Retail software exposure.
Characteristics & Competencies in line with the Company Essential Values
- Go beyond the boundaries of your job description in order to get a good result
- Question and challenge the adequacy and quality of traditional thinking and the status quo; be receptive to new ideas and methods of working
- Convey passion for Micros UK to clients, colleagues, partners and prospective employees
- Use superior skills and knowledge to produce excellent work that we are all proud of
- Be open, honest, and professional with colleagues, clients and 3rd parties
- Identify and act on opportunities for collaboration with other teams to achieve company goals and enhance client service
As a Helpdesk Analyst in the Micros Retail Unit you will be working on the 1st level Support Desk.
The main focus of this role will be to take customer calls and qualify as hardware or software in line with Helpdesk working procedures. The request must be qualified or resolved and closed or progressed in accordance with local processes and procedures regarding fix time.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Log and manage support requests received via telephone and email from external customers, within the specified time
- Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues - working towards resolution at first level within a timely manner or reassign to the appropriate resource if this is not possible.
- Update the call logging system (ensuring that full and concise details of the nature of the incident are recorded) and provide information for 2nd Level Support Teams and 3rd Party Service Partners. This includes providing and testing hardware
- Take ownership of calls and monitor through to resolution � this includes calls passed to other teams or external support partners
- Maintain good relationships with customers, liaising with customers during the incident process to ensure that they are kept informed of progress and relieve any stress or concern caused by support issues
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your line manager.