Index Management - Full Stack Senior Developer
Senior Fullstack JAVA Developer - Services
As a Senior Developer in the Index Management Services team, the individual will be working with a team of developers situated in the UK and Europe to implement solutions to support the strategic growth of the business. The project is a green field project for creating end to end processes for the business to create and administer Financial Indexes on a large scale. The role will see the developer work closely with a BPMN development team that uses a tool for the process design and orchestration of back-end services.
- Designs, develops, and delivers software solutions that align with architecture, operational and risk processes
- Identifies, prioritises, and executes tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automates tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Ensures high quality product through the validation and verification testing of functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborates with internal teams (including Product Owners/Business and other tech teams) and vendors to fix and improve products
- Communicates with clarity, precision, and influence, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate
- Degree in Computer Science or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Proven experience in test driven development - unit, component, integration, and automation to support modern DevOps principles
- Extensive knowledge of Angular 2 +.
- Expertise in - Java 11 + with 4 years + of experience
- BPMN tool experience, preferably IBM BAW but could be - Camunda, Pega or similar
- Some experience of Business and Technical Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in In-memory caching (Redis), Apache Kafka, No-SQL and SQL databases
- Jira / Confluence / Bitbucket
- AWS exposure
Business / Sector expertise
- Experience in financial services with an understanding of financial market data would be beneficial
The candidate will have reporting into a Development Manager based in London within Shared Technology division
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.