C++ Software Engineer for ADAS Rail Projects, Engineering Center, Cluj
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people's lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 1000 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering, who work closely together with other Engineering Centers within Bosch and with Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.Qualifications
- Completed degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable degree program;
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming languages;
- Knowledge in computer vision or ability to learn (e.g., camera calibration, flow estimation, 3D reconstruction, object detection & tracking, projective geometry)
- Strong mathematical foundations (projective geometry, matrices, state; estimators, numerical optimizations, fitting/regression), analytical skills, attention to details;
- Knowledge of architecture, design, and development of embedded software applications;
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule your own tasks
- Willingness to take on technical ownership, responsibility and ready to challenge technical solutions;
- Capable of assessing the identified risks and defining a mitigation plan;
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
Nice to have:
- Experience with C++ software design;
- Experience with 3D computer vision solutions, deriving mathematical formulas/algorithms;
- Experience with automotive projects, ASIL development;
- Willingness to undertake business trips abroad for trainings and project work;
- German language.
- You are self-motivated, take ownership of your tasks and projects and have an analytical work approach;
- Proactive and you adapt easily to a new development environment (BUT don't worry, we will be there every step of the way);
- Comfortable to make strategic decisions and being in the spot light;
- Team oriented, offering and receiving feedback comes naturally;
- You can work in a dynamic environment, but still you are able to maintain a structured approach;
- Confident in prioritizing, negotiating and in delegating work packages;
- Delivering quality work packages in a paced manner comes naturally;
- You have a strong willingness to learn, grow and to further develop yourself.
Hybrid working is the new way of working! We offer super nice and cozy office spaces, however you can also work from home if you feel like it
Our #LikeABosch benefits:
- 25 days of annual leave
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Relocation bonus
- Lunch discounts
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
- Technical and soft skills trainings
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Bookster subscription
We are currently looking for a C++ Software Engineer for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Rail projects to work within our team. Automated and connected road vehicles may become ubiquitous in the oncoming decades, possibly exceeding road infrastructure and potentially arrive at a stalemate. Therefore, the development of railway autonomous driving is a thing of today, we at BOSCH, are actively involved in. As such, we, and you hopefully, are developing solutions and products that will shape the mobility of tomorrow.
You will be responsible for the development, adaptation, and integration of sensor-based perception solutions for the Rail Automation projects. This will allow the trains to "see" and "understand" their surroundings and possible dangers, reducing or eliminating consciously or unconsciously taken human errors, as well as reliably and considerably extending the "operating range" of train drivers.
In your role you will:
- Use existing perception solutions for object detection, localization, scene understanding and mapping;
- Contribute to the development of specific object detection and localization solutions for rail environment;
- Evaluate your results with reference sensors (RADAR, LiDAR);
- Review the product requirements including alignment with the stakeholders;
- Create software design, implement, and test software components;
- Produce high quality software by writing unit tests, following coding guidelines and writing documentation;
- Work in an agile team and will take part in the continuous improvement of our solutions and working methods;
- Be involved in customer projects and proof of concepts for the next generations.
- ROS, Linux;
- Python, MATLAB, OpenCV;
- Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins.