Project Portfolio Manager
Allianz Services is part of Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers and has succeeded in becoming one individual business segment by combining various businesses from different parent companies. Allianz Services is running service delivery operations in Romania, India, Mauritius and Morocco as well as is operating Consulting hubs in Germany, USA, Italy, France and Singapore with almost 6000 colleagues globally.
Allianz Services Romania has a key role in the transformation of the Group by improving operations and creating a superior experience for customers, offering actuarial, financial, IT, HR and governance services. Our team counts over 1000 passionate professionals whose main assets are the expertise and top qualifications, combined with multilingual skills, ranging from English, German, French and Italian, to Portuguese, Spanish and Romanian.
At Allianz Services Romania, we aim to attract best talents and create an inspiring environment for our people to develop, while unceasingly caring for our community and for shaping a better future together! Job role The Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for assessing, managing and reporting a portfolio of projects or services. He/She assesses strategic business alignment, manages evaluation of demand, prioritisation and approval of projects/services. He/She monitors portfolio performance including risks and dependencies and ensures appropriate reporting. He/She ensures the accurate decision making following the project portfolio governance obligations according to the global project portfolio management operating model.
What you will do
- Identify, evaluate and select projects or services, based on business strategy and requested approvals
- Plan, monitor, control and report portfolio performance, portfolio risk and escalate issues if necessary, initiate corrective action and/or recommendations
- Resolve and/or prepare resolution of inter-portfolio dependencies and risks from a strategic perspective and in a business continuity context
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) during approval process in IRIS (used tool)
- Schedule monthly meeting with each PM to capture project reporting in IRIS
- Project closure: schedule meeting with PM to capture information relevant for project closure, incl. benefits tracking
- Capture and update all relevant project risks in ORGS
- Notify Project Managers on updates to IRIS tool related to PRM process
- Support PPM committees in identification and reporting of project dependencies between H-divisions
- Ensures the accurate decision making following the project portfolio governance obligations according to the global project portfolio management operating model
- Functional lead of Project and Program Managers to build the local project portfolio management capability including project / program management standards, skill and tools
- Participates in status reporting sessions on project / program level and provides portfolio oversight to all stakeholders
What you bring
- Knowledge of relevant products / services, as well as internal standards, processes, rules and procedures applicable for IT Projects
- Understanding of risk management, quality management and delivery management
- Strategic, analytical and sustainable thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Experience working in the area of risk management, quality management and delivery management
- Experienced in organizational transformation and change management
- Higher degree in Economics, Finance or IT
- 5+ years experience in managing portfolios of projects
- 10+ years experience & accreditation in program or project management
- Exceptional problem solving & leadership across various business problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven previous experience in Project Management
- International certifications in project, program or portfolio management in Agile frameworks (e.g., Agile Certifications, SAFe, Spotify, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- User level knowledge of enterprise management systems, ServiceNow PPM, JIRA/JMP, etc
What we offer
Come to the Allianz side! We have attractive compensation and incentives:
- Fixed salary compensation along with fixed benefits.
- Flexible benefits that can be individually customized, so that they best suit your needs.
Fixed Benefits - We place people at the core of what we do, this is why we are committed to your personal wellbeing and professional growth.
- Additional vacation days (work tenure, Allianz tenure, special events, Paid day for child medical check-up)
- Rewards and Recognition Program (Team Excellence Award, Anniversary Awards, Above & Beyond Awards, Thank you for your contribution!)
- Complete training curricula available (tailored courses): International Certifications (Agile, Lean Six Sigma, Prince, ITIL, IFOA, ACCA, IACCM etc.), Comprehensive Leadership Programs, LinkedIn Learning, German Language Courses for any level
- All you can read with Bookster
- Share Purchase Plan
- Allowances for special events (Birth Allowance, Losing a Family Member)
- Flexible working environment (work from home, hybrid)
The personal information that you may provide to us (including sensitive information) may be provided to Hiring Managers for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with confidentiality.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.