Full stack Technical Lead - Python
Are you an experienced software engineer with a passion for democratizing data analytics? Do you want to build innovative solutions for financial markets and professionals by leading teams of brilliant, collaborative software engineers? If so, we'd love to talk to you. The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) is a global leader in financial market infrastructure, with a large and diverse portfolio of data, products and services.
We're developing an ecosystem where anyone can use prebuilt analytical models to improve their offerings, and where the model development process is greatly simplified so businesses of all sizes can quickly develop their own models. There is no legacy code here - we're building what our customers need from scratch.
- Write exemplary code, setting standards for code quality, operational posture and SDLC standards
- Lead contributor for technical solutions within an agile team
- Gathering of business requirements and agreeing between IT, App Support teams, businesses teams
- Lead routine projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Advise middle management on functional matters, or on interpretation of policies and practices
- Provide technical mentorship and support to junior engineers, helping them make key decisions while learning from their mistakes
- Build a collaborative team environment that prioritizes shipping high-quality software predictably
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years shipping software, preferably over the full product development lifecycle
- Experience with advanced Python 3 development (Python internals, Python language specificities, security management
- Cloud Development: Azure, AWS, GC (Azure preferred)
Nice to have:
- CI/CD, Automated testing
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios! If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career!
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.