Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure Kubernetes)
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) based DevOps Engineer to join our team and play a key role in managing the deployment and operation of our Azure-based web applications and services.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for automating the deployment process, ensuring the availability and scalability of our web applications and services, and implementing best practices for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- AKS Deployment and Management: Manage and maintain our Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) clusters, ensuring their availability, security, and optimal performance. Scale the clusters based on application demand to ensure seamless user experience.
- CI/CD Pipeline Implementation: Implement and maintain efficient CI/CD pipelines for the web applications and services using Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions. Automate the build, testing, and deployment processes to achieve faster and more reliable releases.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Utilize IaC tools such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, Terraform, or Kubernetes manifests to define and provision the infrastructure needed to support the AKS environment.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Set up comprehensive monitoring and alerting solutions for the AKS clusters and the web applications and services. Utilize Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, or similar tools to gain insights into system health and performance.
- Security and Compliance: Implement security best practices for AKS and the web applications and services, including access controls, network security policies, and encryption mechanisms. Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Scalability and High Availability: Design and implement strategies for auto-scaling the AKS clusters and the web applications and services to handle varying loads and ensure high availability.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Develop and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans for AKS and the web applications/services to protect against data loss and minimize downtime.
- Container Orchestration: Work closely with development teams to optimize containerization and orchestration of microservices within AKS. Collaborate on architectural decisions to ensure efficient container management.
- Troubleshooting and Support: Provide technical support to development teams and operations teams in troubleshooting issues related to the AKS environment and the web applications/services.
- Documentation: Create and maintain clear and detailed documentation for the AKS architecture, infrastructure, and deployment processes. Facilitate knowledge sharing within the team for effective collaboration.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- 4+ years of proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, with a focus on Azure-based web application deployments using AKS architecture
- Strong understanding of Azure services, including AKS, Azure App Service, Azure Virtual Network, and Azure Storage (Azure DB for PostgreSQL, Azure Data Lake Storage)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline implementation using Azure DevOps, GitLab Actions
- Proficiency in IaC tools such as ARM templates, Terraform, or Kubernetes manifests
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools like Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics or Prometheus
- Knowledge of security best practices for Azure and AKS, including identity and access management, network security, and encryption
- Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.