Manager - Global Investment Research
The Global Investment Research (GIR) team is a client-facing research group with team members in the Americas, EMEA and APAC, that publishes insights on current market dynamics across global regions and asset classes (e.g., equities, equity factors, fixed income, multi-asset and asset allocation, sustainable investing). Our analysis is based primarily on data from FTSE Russell indices, along with other LSEG data sets and some external data sources, which are representative of markets across asset classes and geographies. Our research, by way of monthly and quarterly reports, topical commentaries and deep-dive empirical research, and our presentations to clients and the investment world contributes to research discussion in the investment community, and improves our engagement with clients, including asset owners, asset managers, and wealth platforms.Role summary
The Manager, Global Investment Research, sits within GIR as part of the FTSE Russell Index and Benchmark business solutions, a London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) business. The role will cover both quantitative and qualitative research across equities and multi-assets, including sustainable investment. In addition, there will also be involvement in the production of research content (reports, blogs etc) and presentations for both internal partners and external clients.Main responsibilities:
- Facilitate developing new reports and research ideas, creating and writing existing research reports and helping senior team members in writing of their research reports
- Analyse and visualize data for use in research reports.
- Explore new datasets and analytics for the generation of market insight
- Contribute to thought-leading research through written analysis of equity and multi-asset markets
- Work closely with internal partners and GIR Research leads
- Connect with clients where appropriate
- Master's degree in economics, business, finance or investment management or data science/quantitative field
- Proven experience in quantitative finance and investment research in any sell-side, buy-side or investment research institution
- Expert level hands-on demonstrable knowledge of data tools including SQL and Python is a must
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of investment analytics, quantitative investment techniques and sustainable investment data and methodologies
- Experience working with index data and large financial datasets
- Experience with Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace and similar data platforms would be a great plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise technical writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong self-motivation needed to work efficiently in a global team
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.