Senior Software Engineer - Java
Senior Software Engineer - Java
IDPS (Index Data Processing Platform) is a program whose main purpose is to drive improvements across data collection, data management and data governance resulting in improved efficiencies, robustness, and the ability for our business to use our data as an asset by driving both cost savings and revenue opportunities. Some of the outcomes and benefits of this program include:
- Provides a single, centralized version of the truth/data including standardized logical and physical data model
- Data capabilities to build world class multi-asset indices and data & analytics services
- Universal data quality profiling and checks as well as Data Policies and Governance
- A platform for data discovery, management and cataloguing
- Ability to on-board and integrate new business acquisitions more efficiently
- Improve operational efficiency through automation
- A customized bi-directional packaging and delivery capability
LSEG Technology works with its customers to build innovative, scalable solutions including brokering, clearing, exchange, data, and surveillance. The financial infrastructure marketplace changes at a rapid pace and we strive to always remain competitive, adapt to change and drive innovation to support future growth.
As a Java Developer, you will work on specific projects with opportunities to switch roles, teams and projects as you and our dynamic business grow.
You should be a well-rounded professional who displays leadership qualities and the ability to tackle new problems across LSEG Technology's products and technology stacks.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will work closely with the Solution Architect, Business Analyst and QA and you will:
- Carry out software development tasks (mostly back-end & continuous integration) in accordance with the application lifecycle management process, as part of a Scrum team;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application;
- Perform code review tasks and to be able to train other colleagues on various technical subjects;
- Innovate and keep an eye out for improvement ideas;
- Support the QA team, customer support, solutions & professional services teams as required;
- Ensure that all work is in accordance with the defined application development lifecycle process
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have at least 5 years' proven experience with the following:
- Expertise in Java programming language
- Expertise in OOP design and programming concepts
- Experience in developing Microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience in API development using REST / GraphQL
- Database experience: PostgreSQL, Aurora / Mysql
- Usage of CI/CD pipelines and tool like Jenkins / Travis
- Experience of source controls GIT / Bitbucket
- Experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP) and cloud-based application deployments
- Experience in following technologies will be an added advantage
- Hibernate or similar ORM's
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.