Senior PMO Manager Infrastructure & Cloud
Senior PMO Manager - I&C ProgrammesRole Profile
Technology - Infrastructure and Cloud
Infrastructure and Cloud - Programme Management
Manages a Portfolio Management Office for several key delivery portfolios, managing governance, risk, financials and reporting and drives a consistent and effective approach to project and programme management.
- Partners with Portfolio/Programme/Project Managers to understand and manage risk within several key portfolios and enforces LSEG Group Standards for governance and risk management
- Tracks the portfolio pipeline, providing accurate resource demand and supply data to drive resource optimisation
- Oversees the preparation of portfolio status reports, keeping management appraised of portfolio progress, major risks and issues and scope and resource changes
- Leads the annual portfolio budget request process and regular financial reviews to track key financial portfolio metrics
- Manages and creates visibility around the holistic portfolio health and reporting, tracking and reducing delivery risk at a programme and portfolio level
- Creates and monitors a change roadmap for the portfolio and leads on the implementation of change management processes, policies and best practice
- Oversees the induction and training of all new project managers within the portfolio and performs people leadership responsibilities if required.Key Responsibilities
Governance and Risk Management
- Work with the Portfolio, Programme, and Project Managers to ensure adherence to the LSEG Group Standards for governance and risk management
- Provide support to the Group Head of Programme Management, Head of PMO, and Portfolio Managers with integrating new Change Framework procedures into the portfolio.
- Responsible for facilitating regular portfolio meetings and follow-up with project team members as required.
- Responsible for tracking the portfolio pipeline management to ensure an efficient flow of project activity
- Responsible for the implementation of processes, policies and best-practice for change management where appropriate, ensuring (and measuring) embedment, adoption and effectiveness
- Preparation, collation and distribution of portfolio status reports and ad hoc presentations and reporting (including executive and senior management reporting).
- Ensure governance procedures are adhered to by the project manager, for example:
- All project artefacts maintained throughout the project lifecycle (plans, resourcing profiles, cost plans, benefits schedules, RAID items, Change Requests and status reports) are up to date, accurate and follow Group quality standards.
- Projects adhere to the change framework, use Group standard templates and are subject to the correct stage gate procedures throughout the project lifecycle
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned portfolios to keep management appraised of portfolio status, major risks and issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievement or misses.
- Work with the Head of PMO, Portfolio Manager and Programme/Project managers to understand and manage the delivery risk within the portfolio - proactively driving out, tracking and reducing portfolio level risks.
- Create and maintain a change roadmap for the portfolio showing both external and internal key milestones and dependencies.
- Enforce the planning standards and process across the portfolio to ensure transparency on key deliverables and dependencies, enabling linking of delivery to cost.
- Support the management of detailed plans across the critical path to deliverance of project/portfolio objectives, engaging with stakeholders and critically assessing requirements
- Responsible for the holistic portfolio health and reporting, providing clear metrics, measures, QA, remediation and continuous improvement. This will include leading and lagging indicators and dashboard metrics at a holistic portfolio level.
- Supporting the Portfolio, Programme, and Project Managers in governing geographically dispersed teams within the portfolio.
- Manage the annual portfolio budget request process and perform regular financial reviews to track and measure financial performance against plan at the portfolio level
- Work with the Portfolio PMO and Business Leads to provide accurate resource demand and supply data, ensuring that available resources are most effectively deployed across all portfolios to deliver timely change
- Track and forecast key financial metrics against targets, applying insights from the business to make recommendations to effectively manage budget across the portfolio.
- Enforce Business Case standards and review portfolio Change Requests to control the drawdown of available funding and maximise return on investment
- Act as point of financial review for all business cases and significant change requests across the portfolio
- Identify and analyse potential project/portfolio solutions to financial impacts, and help determine the most viable solution.
- Manage the process to deliver quarterly reviews of spend against delivery for each programme/project within the portfolio
- Accountable for portfolio level communications
- Formulate data-driven insights to support negotiations and effectively persuade diverse stakeholders, driving alignment towards shared objectives.
- Provide internal communications to all stakeholders across the portfolio celebrating successes and keeping people informed of developments impacting the organisation.
- Maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with stakeholders, effectively overcoming challenges and positioning alternatives to move the project or programme forward.
- Proactively and effectively manages diverse stakeholder groups across the project or programme lifecycle, successfully differentiating the approach and communications to address stakeholder needs.
Functional Management and Administration
- Manage and control portfolio level cost centres, agree budgets, and provide commentary to explain variance against plan
- Provide administration and support for on boarding new joiners, desk provision, and floor moves
- Responsible for the induction and training of all new project managers within the portfolio to ensure adherence to group standards
- Quality assurance (QA) of data used for management reporting purposes, received from Programme, Portfolio, or Project Managers.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
- Ability to balance multiple projects, making strategic decisions on time, quality, and cost to deliver complex activities
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with stakeholders across the group
- Apply tools and processes to effectively identify and quantify project-level risks, proactively communicating their impact with stakeholders.
- Creative solutions regarding use of tools to support reporting and data requirements
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational and portfolio level risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of risks, including operational risks, occurring.
- The role acts as a risk mitigating function by monitoring the delivery risks across the portfolio and ensuring these are adequately managed
- Takes positive action to reduce the impact and probability of project-level risks, escalating where necessary.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, the timely implementation of internal and external audit points.
- Adherence to LSEG change standards, and communication of these to programme stakeholders. This role ensures these are met through monitoring and tracking of programmes
- Strong planning, organisational, and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Excellent at managing and influencing a wide network of stakeholders, including senior management, who can influence and build relationships
- Willing and able to challenge customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs
- Expert knowledge of financial, risk, and project management methodologies & tools
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality steering committee materials
- More than 5 years of project, programme, or portfolio management experience
- Global experience - working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global, change programmes and portfolio management
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations
- Background in working across a number of different sectors both business and IT related projects/programmes
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies desirable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.