Scrum Master, Regulatory Reporting
LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group) is more than a diversified global financial markets infrastructure and data business. We are dedicated, open-access partners with a commitment to excellence in delivering the services our customers expect from us. With extensive experience, deep knowledge and worldwide presence across financial markets, we enable businesses and economies around the world to fund innovation, manage risk and create jobs. It's how we've contributed to supporting the financial stability and growth of communities and economies globally for more than 300 years.
Through a comprehensive suite of trusted financial market infrastructure services - and our open-access model - we provide the flexibility, stability and trust that enable our customers to pursue their ambitions with confidence and clarity.
LSEG is headquartered in the United Kingdom, with significant operations in 70 countries across EMEA, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. We employ 25,000 people globally, more than half located in Asia Pacific. LSEG's ticker symbol is LSEG.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage teamwork, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels encouraged to fulfil their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder - which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with meaningful careers.Role profile:
UnaVista is the London Stock Exchange's regulatory reporting, matching and reconciliation solution provider. UnaVista customers include investment banks, hedge funds, brokers and other financial services firms. UnaVista provides business solutions in the areas of:
- Regulatory reporting with MiFIR, EMIR, G20 and other regimes
- Provision of reference data (especially financial instruments data)
- Reconciliations (cash/stock, front-back office, exchange recs, etc.) and
- Operational post-trade services in the fields of:
- confirmations communication and matching for multiple asset classes,
- communication of orders, hedges and give-ups for equity swaps and other derivatives
- Analytics and surveillance of the data above
This Scrum Mater role will be required to support a core UnaVista team - the MiFIR ARM scrum team, which is made up of a scrum master, Developers, QA specialists and is supported by other UnaVista functions such as the Product Line Manager, Sales, Compliance and Risk teams.
The culture of the UnaVista team is dynamic, and requires each individual to adapt rapidly to change, contribute fully and think on their feet. In addition to the MiFIR dev and QA teams, this role involves ongoing interaction with all other areas (professional services, application management, UV platform team, alternate scrum teams), as well as with partners (especially regulators) and customers.
UnaVista has been working in Scrum for the past 2 years but are finding the diversity of products is making it a challenge for stakeholders to remain up to date. SAFe is being considered to create key touchpoints between all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- This role will require the candidate to be the Scrum Master for 2 scrum teams
- They will be responsible for ensuring all the events are held and documented accordingly
- Unblocking impediments and escalating through the scrum of scrums
- Using the Scrum of Scrums to identify common challenges, and participate in the resolution of them
- Provide updates on behalf of the team, using Clarity to record project milestones, RAID and budget tracking
- Working with stakeholders to ensure they can engage more effectively with their teams
- Coordinate the scrum team documentation and transparency
- Develop a learning culture and driving root casus analysis problem solving
- Ensure the rigorous group framework and release practises are observed
- If adopted, suppossential experience and skills required:
Essential skills and experience
- Strong data, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous Scrum Master experience
- A strong understanding of the Scrum Guide, including roles, events and behaviours
- Able to demonstrate a variety of Scrum Maser Techniques to improve the effectiveness of the scrum events
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to identify root causes of problems and to evaluate information with sound judgement, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to engage in process improvement
- Problem solving skills with ability to focus on the root cause analysis
- Jira administration skills, able to manage projects, use the charts and options on how to structure.
- Negotiating with stakeholder, to effectively manage transformative challenges
- Familiarity with Clarity for project reporting and cost tracking
Desirable skills and experience
- Yellow belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master certification
- Familiarity with alternative Agile approaches and scaling methods, in particular SAFe
- Work management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of cloud technology and BI tools
- Excellent stakeholder management, seeking input from multiple sources
- Assertive with great conflict management skills
- Strong capability to work across the organisation to develop innovative and viable solutions
- Proactive response to change and able to see things in a new way
- Demonstrates the knowledge and expertise within their field to have credibility with their peers
- Builds and maintains contacts at all levels
- Manages expectations, maintains regular client contact to keep them informed
- Willingness to learn new concepts and technology as required
- Awareness of risks and risk mitigation within regulated settings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.