Global Category Purchaser MRO Specialist - Sibiu PUR Global Functions
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu:
Check out your future responsibilities below:
The Category Purchaser is actively supporting the Regional Category Management MRO in defining a fitting supplier strategy, is responsible for negotiation with suppliers to achieve best market conditions in the respective area of responsibility.
Support the development of a material and suppliers strategy:
- Conduct market analysis
- Support the strategy definition with cross functional partners
- Support the documentation and implementation of the supplier strategy
- Initiate the New Supplier Introduction Process
- Define the annual supplier list for own material groups
- Actively influence the sourcing process during development phase through supplier selection, negotiation of prices and commercial conditions, as well as preparing sourcing decision sheet.
- Perform annual negotiations to constantly improve the cost situation of Continental Automotive in case of escalation
- Negotiate changes with suppliers
- Apply negotiation concepts (like Advanced negotiation concept) to actively support & execute bundling within the respective Category
- Ensure fulfillment of all necessary requirements by negotiating and concluding legally binding contracts with the respective suppliers
- Ensure in time implementation of correct data in the respective IT systems
- Responsibility for monthly controlling and correction of local data and target achievement
- Support re-design in cost reduction programs
- Drive improvement programs with suppliers
- Management skills, tools and techniques which ensures a strategic, profit and resulted oriented handling
- Communication skills, including Presentation and Negotiation techniques to operate in different cultures
- Problem solving and decision making tools and techniques
- Project management skills, tools and techniques
- Procurement Process and Product Life Cycle knowledge
- Risk Management
- Technical understanding of specific components
- Commercial knowledge, includes contract law etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay for Performance;
- Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
- Referral Bonus;
- Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
- Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
- Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
- Regina Maria Medical Policlinic on Site (for Continental employees & their families);
- Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
- Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
- Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
- Community Events;
- Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > 2.000 offers, >800 partners).
- Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
- Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
- Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
- Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.Company Description
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of i39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.