We are SLB
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of SLB who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in.
We are SLB, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
What are we looking for?
The HR Payroll Analyst is responsible for ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time by carrying out the required payroll processes and procedures, and for performing activities in strict compliance with Schlumberger procedures, employment rules, manuals, policies and country legislation.
- Be responsible for end-to-end payroll processing as detailed in the global and local Schlumberger Performance System Level 7 Standard Work Instructions (SWI).
- Coordinate with Transactions Analysts to ensure employee data impacting payroll, such as variable compensation data with any associated calculations or deductions, is efficiently and accurately captured and maintained in the payroll system within established deadlines.
- Ensure payroll-related data from SLB internal applications interfaces into the payroll system before payroll deadline.
- Ensure correct coding of all pay elements including Taxability and Admissible Compensation to DSPP, Pension Plan and other social contributions.
- Perform checks, controls, variance analysis and reconciliations during pre-payroll processing and before payroll is finalized.
- Ensure payroll final approval is obtained, and salary is released within established timelines.
- Submit third-party payments, including statutory payments such as income tax and social contributions, in a timely manner and file acknowledgements of payments for audit reference.
- Coordinate with Human Resources Processes and Systems (HRPS) teams, third-party information providers and service providers to ensure efficient and accurate processing of payroll as designed by the payroll systems in use.
- Comply with the Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Maintain proper quality and audit controls in keeping with established standards, and maintain proper payroll records for audit purposes.
- Coordinate with Finance, Tax and Legal departments to ensure payroll deductions for tax and social contributions are compliant with local legislation. Remain current regarding legislative updates.
- Be responsible for GL posting and provide support to Management Accountants and Finance organization when required.
- Support audits of the HR/Payroll database. Coordinate with relevant parties to resolve and prevent discrepancies.
- Raise tickets for payroll system enhancements, change requests per country regulations or business requirement, new pay element creation or queries on system issues, and perform user acceptance testing when required.
- Participate in service delivery meetings.
- Serve as champion for specific activities or subject matter expert (SME) on assigned topics.
- Participate in HR open houses.
- Prepare yearly payroll calendars, with monthly reviews for changes to external events and public holidays, for hub management review and signoff within the established deadlines.
- Frequently review and update the Level 7 SWI documentation and follow up for reviews and sign-off.
- Prepare and maintain GeoMarket- and country-specific training plans and checklists at the HR Hub level by periodically checking for relevance.
- Prepare training material, including country specifics, watchlist and challenges, and deliver ad-hoc knowledge sharing sessions to HR Hub employees and location HR when required.
- Identify training gaps impacting service quality based on analysis of KPIs, daily activities and evaluation of the effectiveness of the current service levels, and escalate to manager for appropriate action.
Experience & Exposures:
- Proficient in English
- 3-5 years of previous experience in Payroll
- Strong communication skills
- Client service orientate
- Attention to details
What we can offer:
- Work from home allowance;
- Bookster - for book lovers;
- We work hybrid, 2 days at the office and 3 days at home;
- Meal tickets;
- Private medical subscription - GOLD package;
- Life insurance;
- Company events, great office location ( near Grozavesti metro station, our office is in "The Bridge" buildings)
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development;
- Career growth opportunities both national and international;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.