Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure for Software Campus, Engineering Center, Cluj/Bucharest
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people's lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 1000 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering, who work closely together with other Engineering Centers within Bosch and with Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Several years of experience in Software Engineering and/or DevOps
- Good understanding in version control mechanisms (Git etc.)
- Good experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Groovy, NodeJS, TypeScript, Bash etc.) - Python is our primary language
- Good experience with CI systems (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Azure Pipelines etc.)
- Good understanding of Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
- Proficient with Docker
"Nice to have" Skills:
- Experienced with cloud native technologies (Azure or AWS)
- Experienced with microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Proficient with concepts like operability and observability with tools such as: (Grafana, Splunk etc.)
- Familiar with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes)
- Familiar with build and package management systems (CMake, Conan etc.)
- Familiar with Artifactory
- Good competencies in spoken and written English.
Your work-life balance is valuable to us, so we offer you:
- 25 Days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us.
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that.
Your health and well-being are important to us, so we have you covered:
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
We believe in a Life-Long Learning approach, so you can take advantage of:
- Technical and soft skills trainings.
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Bookster subscription
You will be part of a product company. You will contribute to developing end-to-end products that are delivered to Global OEMs.
On top of these, we are offering:
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Lunch discounts
Ready to work #LikeABosch?
We live by our values, have an open feedback culture and there is plenty of room for innovative ideas. All because a team is only as valuable as its members.Job Description
We have an excellent opportunity for a "Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure" to join our team which focuses on hybrid architectures, design, development, and automation of infrastructure.
You will be part of the AE Software Campus team with the mission to push software excellence at Bosch forward, you will be working closely with multiple partners inside Bosch on a variety of internal solutions in the Digital and Automotive world.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Take lead responsibility in the team to design and define different software solutions, including architectures, software development and partner coordination and support.
- Develop and operate our technology stack that is shared with multiple stakeholders inside our organization. You improve and bring up new concepts into our team mindset.
- Develop automation solutions integrated into our CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop requirements together with our partners/customers based on function and costs aspects. You also take non-functional aspects into account (platform/architecture compliance, testability, reuse). You coordinate and represent the corresponding work scope.
- Integrate new and existing tools and workflows between on-premises and cloud-based infrastructures.
- Assist our team in our exciting journey to migrate some of our tools to modern cloud-based technology stack.
- Design, implement, maintain, and operate pipelines aiming automated verification and validation (V&V), delivery and deployment.
Our technology stack can differ depending on the stakeholders that we work with. For example, a widely used scenario is mainly focused on repos in GitHub with automation using Python and GitHub Actions. The infrastructure is based on both Azure/AWS cloud and on-prem with various OS use cases on Windows and Linux with observability in Grafana/Splunk and storage of the artifacts in Artifactory.