Application Service Manager
Job Description Summary
The Application Service Manager within the D&A Risk Assurance and Operations team focuses on the customer experience from a Technology perspective and is accountable for ensuring that each domain has comprehensive service management support, governing the adherence to and efficacy of our IT Service Management and Technology Policy best practices. The Application Service Manager champions a culture of continuous service improvement using the policies as a framework and reporting on our service availability to guide service and risk priorities.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Problem Management process within accountable domain, ensuring that post-incident reviews are efficient and effective, overseeing root cause investigations and service/process improvements as well as reporting and governance of process SLAs
- Responsible for regular and consistent domain/application service reporting against agreed service levels. As required providing in-depth, service specific analysis on areas of service concern
- Accountable for representing domain related incidents at the Service Resilience Governance Forum (SRGF) and ensuring that the investigation and resulting actions seek to prevent any recurrence of such an incident
- Ensure that significant incidents and near-misses that do not meet the requirements for the SRGF are managed locally, alongside cases closed from the SRGF to ensure that we are continually improving our processes and service resilience
- Identify trends and possible opportunities for Service Improvement Programmes, gain support and sponsorship then track and drive those programmes through to conclusion providing regular service updates on progress
- Drive cross-domain/divisional service improvement, taking the initiative where wider lessons can be applied
- Act as the domain interface with the various Service Process owners (Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Capacity, etc.) providing feedback on improvements
- Ensure alignment of assigned applications to technology and security policies, reporting on gaps and risks where identified
- Responsible for regular and consistent domain/application risk reporting.
- Manages and governs the Service Availability Risk Register (SARR) for assigned applications and ensure agreed actions are tracked and focus is maintained until risks are closed appropriately
- Ensure appropriate levels of risk assessment are taking place before key decisions are made
- Responsible for chairing risk reviews, providing clear advice and supporting accountable owners in Technology and Product teams on appropriate course of action to manage service risk appropriately
- Responsible for oversight and governance of key resilience requirements for critical applications within the supported domain. Ensuring that processes are in place, are fit for purpose and managed by the appropriate teams in accordance with Technical Policies, e.g. Disaster Recovery. Capacity Management, Patch Management
- Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and reporting a regular program of Disaster Recovery tests, ensuring that any deviation from agreed recovery metrics or issues relating to the planning or execution are logged, tracked and resolved
- Supports Operational teams in their onboarding of new applications and provide service management input and sign off at various stages of the delivery process
- Responsible for tracking any potential service risks or deficiencies post "go live" ensuring that the appropriate teams sign off prior to "go live" on any risk with suitable mitigations in place
- Provide support and oversight of the end-to-end support model framework for new applications as well as reviews of existing support models where issues are identified. Agree with key stakeholders their responsibilities as part of ongoing support of any application
- Support the Technology Owner in maintaining the quality of the domain application and asset registers. Assist in the creation and maintenance of service-related documentation such as key service related information, service catalogue entries, SLAs and support models
- Mentor and coach colleagues where appropriate
- Accountable for the customer engagement experience
- Previous experience of working within, or with an IT Service Management function
- Passionate about improving service to internal and external customers
- Ability to lead proactive and reactive mobilisation and prioritisation of resources in a matrix environment
- Inspire trust, manage expectations, and gain sponsorship with business, technology and senior leadership teams
- Able to maintain calm during high-pressure situations
- Ability to balancing risk with business requirements
- Strong account or relationship management experience
- Proactive, determined and resilient, with a positive attitude
- Extensive and demonstrable problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent delivery-focused, results-orientated approach
- Superb data manipulation skills - highly proficient in the MS Office suite of products
- ITIL Foundation certificate as minimum
- Batchelors degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline preferred
- Experience in development and implementation of Service Management and Support disciplines and processes
- Significant stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation / influencing skills able to overcome resistance and reach consensus and compromise in order to attain the required objective
- Experience in giving presentations and chairing meetings
- ServiceNow tooling or equivalent ITSM toolset
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.