Business Analyst - Predictive Analytics
LSEG delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a limitless playing field where we apply the most advanced predictive analytics techniques and provide our clients with state of the art products and capabilities such as StarMine.An opportunity exists for a BA/Data Analyst to work closely with our Labs, Product and Development teams to produce detailed data mappings, queries and specifications for Quantitative Finance models. These will be used to smooth the migration of our models from Legacy infrastructure into the Cloud and also create brand new StarMine models.Responsibilities:
- Engaging with Product owners, content teams and other specialists you'll update and extend specifications for our Models and also design queries to retrieve the data required from our new data sources.
- Work with the delivery team to promote a shared understanding of the requirements to be developed.
- Be responsible for turning the requirements into a coherent set of user stories to break the work down into pieces to feed into our Scrum team.
- Solid document writing and communication skills.
- To help the teams develop and learn, you will have a role in maintaining high standards by reviewing work of other team members and provide advice and guidance to benefit the team as a whole.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll help find innovative ways to make the team work more effective.
- Actively participating in meetings, you'll give timely status updates on areas for which you are responsible.
- Min 3+ years experience
- Be comfortable with accessing databases and querying using SQL.
- You will have solid data analysis skills:
- Able to quickly grasp the meaning of new datasets.
- Able to slice and dice data in different ways to extract useful insights.
- Spot data anomalies, and track deficiencies.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
- Able to work alongside strong technical teams.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies.
- Ability to work in highly agile team environment.
- A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
- AWS certification a nice to have.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.