Senior Lead QA Engineer (Java/Cucumber)
About the team
ForexClear team delivers strategic and tactical change across the commercial, resilience and regulatory space in an agile manner.
A Lead QA Engineer is required to perform a wide range of test functions across these areas. The role will cover different work streams within ForexClear Quality and will involve working closely with the respective agile squad and existing Quality team. The Lead Quality engineer additionally will interact closely with any relevant parts within the organisation including business analysts, development, business operations, risk and support.
The successful candidate will have strong QA & Testing background (both exploratory and automation) with experience of a variety of test design techniques, technologies and have business domain expertise and experience of delivery in sophisticated fast paced environments. Excellent interpersonal skills and time management will be vital in this role. This will be the first Quality Engineer in the location so will be responsible to own the function locally.Key Responsibilities
- Represent and foster Quality function within an agile team.
- Implementing test plans to deliver test phases on time.
- Design efficient functional and non-functional test scenarios and cases ensuring there is traceability back to all business requirements.
- Prepare the testing data.
- Design, creation and improvement of the test automation packs.
- Maintenance and execution of tests, recording of results and undertaking defect retesting.
- Reporting progress and issues clearly and concisely.
- Running test environments.
- Work with the team to resolve issues.
- Work to agreed timescales.
- Identify risks and raise to the project team members.
- Express feedback and implementation where process improvements are suitable.
- Support external testing phases as required.
- Degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics (M)
- ISTQB or ISEB Software Testing Qualification (M)
- Test automation on Java or Murex (M)
- Agile testing delivery (M)
- Test design techniques (M)
- Test execution using GUIs and APIs (M)
- Results Analysis (M)
- Defect Management (M)
- Clearing and/or investment banking testing (L)
- Cucumber (M)
- SQL (M)
- AWS Cloud (or other) (M)
- Git (M)
- JIRA (L)
- Zephyr (L)
- ORQA (L)
- ControlM (L)
- SDLC methodologies (M)
- Foreign Exchange instruments (NDF, NDO, Option, Forward, Spot) (M)
- FpML, FIXML and XML (M)
- Clearing workflows (L)
- Risk management (L)
- Regulatory reporting (incl. CFTC, EMIR, BoE...) (L)
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.