Senior Full Stack Automation Developer
The Software Engineering and Automation team, part of the Design and Engineering function of Global Network Services within LSEG, is tasked with the development of software solutions for the automatic instantiation of network connectivity and network services such as DNS, IPAM, load balancers, and firewalls. The software produced by the team is used to translate user requirements for network services into actions which are taken on network infrastructure to fulfil the user request. This can take various forms, from the allocation of a new DNS record to a complex configuration for a network connectivity service applied to one or more network devices. Development is primarily in the form of software applications using the 'micro-service' architecture style, and various other software artefacts such as infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipeline code.
The primary development activities supported by the team are:
The development of front-end business-facing applications providing a front-door in the form of APIs and Web UIs for our user community to request network services.
Development of 'mid-tier' integration-layer applications which integrate north-bound with the business front-end app(s), and south-bound with the network service layer. The mid-tier automates all logic, workflow, and life-cycle maintenance of attributes required to manage a global network of devices and services
Development of abstract models and code describing network connectivity services and their various components such as routing instances, interfaces, and vlans.
Determine and identify high-level functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with product owners and architects.
Design software to support the total requirements, as well as to provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
Interact with Product Owners to plan project schedules and technical direction.
Provide quality assurance review sand the evaluations of existing and new software products.
Develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Develop and implement moderate to complex web applications.
- Has mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Experience debugging distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of distributed data models.
- Solid understanding of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) models in the online environment.
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- MUST have backend development experience using Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Gradle
- Kotlin desirable, or happy to rapidly learn
- Scala/cats/zio desirable.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT.
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale database management systems.
- Experience writing SQL queries for PostGres is required.
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
Top skills & proficiencies:
Analyze User Needs
Comfortable Writing and Analyzing SQL Queries
Document Application Process
Attention to Detail
Verbal and Written Communication
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.