Senior C++ Developer
Part of the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), LCH is a leading clearing house, serving major international exchanges and platforms, as well as a range of OTC markets. In particular, LCH is a leading CCP in Equity and Repurchase agreement (Repo) businesses, providing clearing services for most European Government debts (refinancing/repo transactions) and Equities trading venues (Exchanges and MTFs).
LCH works closely with market participants to identify and develop innovative clearing solutions and other digital products to enhance clearing experience.
As part of the Securities Technology, the team is accountable for:
- Designing and Building Equities and Repo Clearing systems
- Implementation of Clearing solution
- Testing the changes made to the platform.
- Writing business requirements
- Prototyping and testing (UAT)
- Non-Functional testing is also critical.
A resilient clearing solution is essential to the company as our clients rely on us to be highly resilient.
The department is looking to onboard a Senior Software Engineer to help deliver business change, while also improving our SDLC and time to market.Role:
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components and good software design principles.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Working on ways to automate and improve existing release processes.
- Setting up, maintaining test automation frameworks, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs.
- Working with Product Owners and end user to define and scope delivery.
- Handling technical communications and understanding existing systems.
- Working with deployments teams, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- Provide 3rd line support for clearing platform.
- 8+ years of experience in OO Development preferably in C++ (C++ 98/C++ 11)
- Working knowledge in Java and SQL.
- Linux/Unix experience is essential.
- Server-side Development is a must.
- Sound conceptual / technical knowledge of modern IT infrastructure stack
- Autonomy, problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral).
- Understand how to build highly resilient solutions
- Conversational level or above in English.
- Experience using and building CI/CD pipelines
- AWS or another Cloud provider
- Redhat Linux
- Scripting knowledge Bash/Perl/Python
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.