Model Risk Specialist
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Model Risk Specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Model Risk Specialist will work on improving model risk control processes. The incumbent will evaluate existing operational processes, identify bottlenecks, and implement process improvements to drive operational excellence. They will closely work on relevant operational tasks for different types of models, engage with senior stakeholders, work closely with senior lead validators and development/ownership teams to ensure proper model risk management, coordinate and organize Model Risk Committee.
- Collaborate with the senior mgmt. to define and communicate strategic goals, plans, and performance metrics.
- Maintain model risk mgmt. presence and maintain engagement with senior stakeholders, drive the embedding of model risk culture,
- Enforce model risk policies, standards, and procedures to ensure consistency and quality across the organization including Model Risk Policy, Model Validation Procedures, and all relevant governance documents,
- Monitor key model performance indicators (KPIs) and implement systems for tracking and reporting operational metrics.
- Organize and lead risk forums such as Working Groups, Model Risk Committee,
- Provide Model Risk update and reporting to Divisional Committees, as well as Financial and Non-Financial Risk Committees,
- Coordinate RCSA work and ensure integration in the overall risk reporting and ad-hoc senior mgmt. requests,
- Ensure completeness of the model inventory by identifying new internal models and keeping track of the lifecycle of the existing ones,
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to identify and onboard models acquired through M&A or other venture activities,
- Model risk process Quality Assurance including validation QA coordination,
- Implement risk controls and liaise with model validation leads, development teams and senior model owners,
- Prepare senior management presentations concerning model validation and governance work,
- Manage Model Risk Training for all relevant stakeholders.
Personal Qualities and Experience
- Postgraduate degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar technical background,
- Strong soft skills, the ability to adapt to changing risks and engage with, and get cooperation from senior staff,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, proven writing skills,
- Collaborative and strong organizational and business management skills,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel),
- A hacking and inquiring mindset approach to technology,
- Experience with business management in a complex organization,
- Experience or interest in model risk management and understanding the model risk framework,
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.