Junior Quant Risk Analyst - Model Validation
Junior Quant Risk Analyst will support the validation and independent review of various statistical and econometric models such as Sustainable Investments, Wealth Management, Indices, and Commodities The incumbent will be exposed to the validation of different model types and ensure effective challenge and proper risk mitigation.
- Support model validation for underlying key methodologies and models,
- Assess mathematical and technical considerations in models and quantitative methods,
- Support the development of internal benchmarks for relevant models,
- Assist the validation lead on identifying and escalating risks, issues in the assessed models,
- Effectively document the testing and conclusions,
- Collaborate with senior validators and governance lead on relevant model content for validation forums such as Exit Meetings, Working Groups, Model Risk Committee,
- Support design of adequate ongoing monitoring for relevant models,
- Create Model Validation deliverables (i.e., reports, notes, findings) and gradually work towards independently conducting the above-mentioned tasks.
Personal Qualities & Experience
- Postgraduate degree (MSc/PhD) in Applied Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or similar,
- Good knowledge of Python, R or Matlab, machine learning algorithms, data scraping and wrangling skills,
- Understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, with the ability to perform quantitative analysis required,
- Understanding/Interest in at least one of the below areas
- Sustainability Investments
- Wealth Management
- Strong soft skills including the ability to engage with senior staff,
- Collaborative, with intellectual curiosity to independently research topics,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, proven writing skills,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint),
- A self-starter with an interest in model risk, and keen to learn from others,
- Nice to have up to 2 years' experience.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.