Senior DevOps Engineer
FTSE Russell is part of London Stock Exchange Group's Information Services Division, which is one of the fastest growing divisions in the group. The index business is a rapidly developing market driven by regulatory changes and increased cost sensitivity in the financial services industry. FTSE Russell's mission is to become the leading provider of indices globally over the next few years. It is the largest European provider of Indices and competes on a global scale working with global investment banks, fund managers, exchanges, data vendors and the media. Its major competitors are MSCI and S&P/Dow Jones.
The Business Need
FTSE Russell has established a very strong reputation within the marketplace for the quality and reliability of its index products and its expertise in dealing with unusual or complex stock events is widely acknowledged. With a strong presence in the European financial markets, and a rapidly growing presence in the North American and Asian markets the company is now looking to increase its market share globally and become the number one provider of index client solutions globally.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Automating build, test, deployment and monitoring across all FTSE Russell systems
- Installation, monitoring and maintenance of integration platforms across products and systems
- Determining future environment capability and requirements
- Continuous improvement of DevOps tooling and processes through automation
- Ensuring that the development & testing process is being demonstrably followed
- Ensure that standards and processes are well documented and enforced
- Training and mentorship of more junior team members
It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that the candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills allowing an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the company.
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organisational skills.
- Linux system administration with good experience in shell scripting
- Public Cloud - AWS preferred
- CI tooling - Jenkins preferred
- Infrastructure deployment - Terraform.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to complete them in the most effective way.
- Software development experience (one major language such as Java, C# or C++)
- Windows system administration
- Scripting in powershell
- Application deployment - ansible
- Jenkins pipeline experience - familiarity with Groovy and dynamic pipelines
- Exposure to Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Financial markets
Type of Person
- Articulate, energetic person able to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail but an ability to think laterally to solve business problems
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, exhibits self-confidence
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with business and technical people
- Experience of managing or influencing key decision makers
- Able to establish credibility quickly
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.