Senior QA Engineer
We're looking for a Lead Automation Engineer to join LSEG core technology team, working with on-site and overseas colleagues to develop LSEG global financial platform used by customers in 190 countries.
- Develop and execute testing strategy for assigned project to ensure the quality of the product in terms of both functional and non-functional for Microsoft Office Add-ins including Performance Test Strategies.
- Create, Plan and Execute test cases in automated approach based on the requirement.
- Write reusable, modular, and high-performing code, making sure it's easily testable and adaptable in multiple platforms.
- Work closely with Development, QE Management and Product Owners as part of Scrum team
- Monitor and ensure each change achieves the best quality aspect
- Ensure best practices and software engineering principles are applied at each stage of the development lifecycle and advocate technology change towards an ideal solution
- Share knowledge with the team through training, documents, etc
- Present and communicate technical processes effectively to all levels of the organization including technical and non-technical audiences, leadership, and Management
- Coach and mentor junior team members
Essential Personal Skills and Values
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - a logical thinker
- Acting as an Agile tester, flexible to play multiple roles in the team, between Manual, Automated & Performance Testing.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Flexibility to learn new technologies as required by the project
- Self-starter: active thought leadership on SDLC
- Takes ownership of problems and drives themselves and others to define and implement solutions
- Has a serious eye for detail to maintain product quality and experience
- Constantly updates their knowledge by staying up to date with emerging technologies, with a drive to keep the product modern and push it forward
- 5+ years' experience in testing/QE with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products - Excel, Word, PPT
- Experience in testing APIs
- Experience in Automated testing frameworks - Unit testing, load testing, and end-to-end testing
- Experience in CPU/Memory Management - Deep understanding of GC, Profiling and optimization required for Performance Testing
- Experience in JIRA and Testrail is a plus
- Experience in using or testing any Financial Product is a plus
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.