We are looking for a "Tech Lead - GUI Development" to work in an exciting data project. This project implements Europe's first multi-asset class, multi-market surveillance service, offering detection of market abuse and financial crime to European investment firms with expansions to FX markets globally and internal data analysis capability for LSEG management to profile information from group trading venues.
The role's responsibilities include developing configurable GUI dashboards and relevant backend applications.
Potential candidate should possess the ability to own one more medium complexity backend and frontend components from the design (with mentorship), code, review, estimate and test perspective. Applicants should possess good knowledge and skills in software engineering and UX designing concepts.
- Understand sophisticated business requirements and design, prototype, develop, test, and document scalable, resilient GUI applications (real-time and on-demand) as per functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and implementation of modern/configurable/user-friendly dashboarding solutions for complex business problems
- Ability to solve critical issues and provide quick workarounds and solutions
- Review the GUI strategy/architecture periodically with senior team members to provide relevant recommendations.
- Make recommendations for aspects such as improving quality, cost of ownership, and time to market
- Perform code reviews in both backend and frontend components
- Collaboratively work with platform teams, architects, subject matter experts, developers, QA engineers, business analysts, and technical support groups to deliver value to the business.
Work Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in developing microservices based GUI applications using Spring Boot
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in web application development using Angular-2 or React
- Significant knowledge and experience on java language constructs, data structures, concurrent programming, memory management and exception handling.
- Significant knowledge and experience on concurrent user action handling, data visualization, canvas drawing.
- Significant knowledge and experience on Java Secure Coding Practices
- Significant knowledge and experience on Java memory management and configurations of GC- algorithms
- Very good knowledge on ORM frameworks and hands-on experience with JDBC, JPA and Hibernate
- Experience in Linux base operating systems.
- Shown knowled on JVM architecture
- Experience in Mock frameworks such as Mokito, JMokit and Junit,TestNG or a similar unit test framework
- Experience in JVM performance tune-ups and profiling
- Very good understanding on Web-Services REST, GraphQL, WebSocket communication
- Precise understanding on Authentication flows - Oauth and IDPs (Ping, Okta, etc)
- Bachelor's/ Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT or equivalent qualification/experience
- Strong communication, presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements, proactive with demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Agile development processes (SCRUM)
- Experience with Atlassian tool chain (good to have)
- Experience in Financial markets domain and data experience will be an added advantage
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask tough questions and deal with complicated scenarios. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of leading by example, getting involved in the detail when necessary, and overcoming hurdles to deliver continuous improvement for organisations.
We are ready to develop your potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools, both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
Team Building Events
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.