Senior Java Engineer
|Employer:||The Access Group|
|Job level:||1 - 5 years of experience|
|Job remote:||Remote(from home)|
The Access Group is one of the leading providers of business management software to small and mid-sized organizations in the UK, Ireland, and Asia Pacific. Over the past years, we’ve gone from almost 1,000 to 6,000 people. We help over 60,000 customers across commercial and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient.
Our Global Operations Center in Romania is on a journey of continuous growth and want to engage with top talent around the country. Headquartered in Timisoara, we offer you the possibility to work remote and join our offices at your choice.
Helping everyone at Access Love work and Love life is at the heart of everything we do. It shapes how we do things and allows us to create a place where people want to be and can be at their best.
We’re passionate about our values, which guide how we all make decisions and get things done. We love to make our customers lives easier so our value to ‘Make Access better every day’ is one we’re obsessed with. From attracting the right people, helping them grow and be the best they can be, we’re helping people at Access to love what they do and be happy.
• Strong experience in developing Azure preferred cloud based scalable and resilient solutions.
• Experience of developing REST event driven microservices using secure coding practices.
• Knowledge of Azure DevOps Continuous Integration & Deployment.
• Desirable – Experience in using SOLID design principles.
• Desirable – Knowledge of Apache NiFi / Kafka / Camunda / OWASP
• Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
• Actively participate in requirements analysis
• Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
• Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
• Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
• Management of effective CI Pipeline and source control
• Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
• Champion a quality focussed approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
• You are collaborative and pragmatic. You’re able to communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
• You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
• You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
• You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, are able to identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
• You can implement and manage efficient CI pipelines for highly available distributed systems.
• You can design source control structures, select or modify toolchain and deployment processes, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
• You keep abreast of technical developments in the industry and are aware of the evolution in the various technologies you work in.
As a well-rounded Senior Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product, requirements analysis and environments management.
• Work experience as a member in a scrum team.
• Demonstrable experience of owning and driving successful delivery of projects.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package
• Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
• Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance
• Meal tickets
• Referral Bonus
• Christmas Bonus
• Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
• Other benefits
Raporteaza eroarea la