Senior Data Scientist
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Senior Data Scientist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
In this role you have the opportunity to research and innovate! You will be creating new models and investigating data science type research projects, while exploring data relating to mortgage analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Support and improve existing models.
- Support research around the construction of new models.
- Contribute to data science practices by producing research using state of the art data science practices.
- Explore the data typically used in mortgage analytics.
- Learn our cloud platform and support data processing and model development.
- Coordinate with product team, developers, data teams, broader research team, and client services on python code, cloud, and research initiatives.
- Technical degree in a field such as Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 2 years experience training models using Python and working with the data science stack.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in Jupyter Notebooks.
- Strong familiarity with traditional ML techniques as well as modern deep learning frameworks
(TensorFlow preferred) required.
- Strong background in statistics and data analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience with data handling and creating data pipelines in Python.
- Familiarity with time series modelling.
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on collaboration across teams.
YOU'LL STANDOUT IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong motivation to innovate in traditional financial services.
- Familiarity with public cloud services (particularly AWS and Azure).
- Experience and knowledge of software engineering and design patterns.
- Familiarity with machine learning engineering or MLOps.
- Familiarity with finance and fixed income
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.