Accounting Specialist with English
For over 70 years, Samsung Group has been dedicated to making a better world through diverse businesses that today span advanced technology, semiconductors, skyscraper and plant construction, petrochemicals, fashion, medicine, finance, hotels and more. Our flagship company, Samsung Electronics, leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media.Cerinte
Role and Responsibilities
What is the role about?
In this role you will be supporting Samsung closing operations in Europe, within an active environment, interacting with multiple stakeholders. Are you a fast and adaptable learner, able to understand a process at micro granular level, to accumulate knowledge and develop skills up to a process expert level? If you are ready to go the extra mile, to be a strong team player, driven by curiosity, fearless and you see opportunity in any challenges you encounter, then definitely you are the right person we are looking for.
As an Accounting Spcialist, you will mainly cover General Ledger and Closing activities, being in charge with:
- Performing monthly and annual financial and controlling closing activities for multiple Samsung Subsidiaries, in accordance with the deadlines and guidelines from Global Headquarter and local Subsidiary requirements
- Calculation and recording of month-end accruals, provisions, valuations, amortization.
- Performing general accounting tasks (journal entries, clearings, reclassifications and corrections, etc.)
- Performing various analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls for activities in scope of the Shared Service Center;
- Assisting in internal and external audits, when required
- Performing monthly Budgeting / Forecasting management accounting activities for the assigned Samsung Subsidiary
- Reviewing in SAP journal entries related to AR documents (customer payments) as well as AP documents (invoices and employee expense claims) and Vendor Master - Data registration, performed by an external provider and rejecting those entries which fail accuracy;
- Producing regular reports and/or presentations, with the purpose of monitoring the external provider for the AP & AR operations, identifying process issues, proposing corrective actions and ensuring these are implemented and followed;
- Ensuring accuracy of financial documents in accordance with international standard and internal policies;
- Maintaining the confidential aspect of the financial data;
- Participating to Continuous Improvement projects together with other members of the Finance team, with the purpose of implementing Best Practices across European Samsung subsidiaries, ensuring compliance with the internal regulations set by Global Headquarter, automating different processes, increasing efficiency etc.;
- Acting as an ambassador for promoting Samsung Shared Service to our European subsidiaries, ensuring services are delivered in line with the agreed levels of quality and productivity
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance;
- General knowledge of accounting standards and principles;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Accounting
- Previous experience in working with ERP systems; knowledge of SAP is a plus;
- Good practical knowledge of MS Excel ;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills; Detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively in a team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, acting as an Ambassador for promoting Samsung SSC services to our European subsidiaries;
- Very good time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to adapt and to embrace changes, fast learner, agyle, ready to go the extra mile
- Very good communication skills, able to interact efficiently with multiple actors and influence others.
- Emotional intelligence
- Good English written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively at different levels throughout the organization.
Why is Samsung SSC Europe the place to be?
Samsung is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. In our center you will be part of a dynamic team, in an international work environment. Being one of the best in the industry comes with hard work, but we also make it rewarding through:
- Compensation & Benefits: attractive salary & performance bonuses, meal tickets, lunch allowance
- Health & Wellbeing: gym subscription, private medical care, daily fresh fruits in the office
- Events (e.g.: Christmas Party, June 1st party, Halloween, Kids Party, team building, quarterly team events etc.)
- Learning & Development: Unlimited access to Samsung’s learning platform, access to in-class trainings and various events / conferences, coaching programs
- Family & Living: discount to Samsung products, 25 days of vacation per year