The remit for this role will be working for a new Regulatory Reporting team. Supportin a Snowflake data warehouse and Matillion jobs built for Regulatory Reporting.
They will also be key in enhancing or developing the Regulatory Reporting solution further.
Training for Snowflake and Matillion will be provided and any candidate with a strong background in Relational databases and ETL tools will be considered. Any experience on working with SaaS products will also be beneficial and those candidates looked at first.
The key skills to this role are SQL knowledge and a strong ability to create and understand ETL packages.
- Design, and manage snowflake database objects (tables, views)
- Design, build, and maintain extract-transformation-load (ELT) processes in Matillion
- Implement and test database objects in non-production environments
- Move supporting data between non-production environments
- Assist other developers with SQL questions as needed
- Performance review and tuning on pending, new and, production database objects
- Maintain database objects in a software version control system
- Support Testing efforts from a database perspective
- Identifies and executes improvements to code
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting in Confluence
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery eg: Jira, Confluence etc
- Extensive experience in database design, data warehouse design, query performance tuning, writing stored procedures, etc.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft BI tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Good to have database administration skills for job monitoring, backup/restore, security management
- Experience developing ETL processes loading Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- Knowledge of best practices and software development process
- Experience supporting a multi-database environment
- Great communication skills.
- Must be able to follow pre-existing development coding standards.
Nice To Have:
- Any experience Snowflake a bonus.
- Support and administration of Snowflake databases in the Cloud (SaaS)
- Any experience of Bash/Shell scripting
- Any Experience in Scripting languages such as Python a bonus
- Experience working with BI developer using reporting tools. eg: Tableau & SAP BO
- Knowledge of REST API Services (Advantageous)
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.