Claims Pensions Assistant
Metropolitan Life is part of MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management to help their individual and institutional clients confidently step into the future. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
In Romania, Metropolitan Life has over 23 years of activity on the life insurance market. More than 3 million customers benefit from life insurance and mandatory private pensions offered by Metropolitan Life locally.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Economics) may represent an advantage.
• Experience working in pension industry or payments and a very good knowledge of the legislation is a plus – minimum 1 year for Assistant level
• Learning agility – demonstrated curiosity for development of skills and knowledge;
• Ability to write, listen and communicate effectively (oral and written);
• English proficiency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access knowledge is considered a plus)
• Proficiency with technology and systems – ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
• Teamwork and collaboration – to ensure that all the stakeholders in a process know all the details in order to deliver like being one person
• Passion to work with people, a collaborative mindset and strong emotional intelligence;
• Positive, self-motivated individual capable of working autonomously
• Highly resourceful and always maintaining ethical professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity.
• Oral and written communication skills – when writing customers notifications, instructions must be clear and customer oriented.
• Time management skills and capacity to identify priorities
• Attention to detail – to ensure the documents are reviewed and processed appropriately
• Good analysis and synthesis capabilities.
• Meeting the customers to analyse the documents, help him to fill in and record the documentation;
• Analyse any requests containing documents received in order to assess if the customer should receive their asset, according to legal provisions. Our responsibility as a team, and yours as well, is to make sure that the documentation is according to the legal requirements (complete and correct) and that we solve the request in due time (as soon as possible and no later than stated by the law). This activity includes additional follow-up steps for unresolved files/cases (incomplete documentation);
• Process payments and issue notifications to customer, within the legal deadlines.
• Any internal or external customer requesting your services and attention will be serviced in a timely and professional manner via verbal and written communication or personal contact.
• You will need to demonstrate thorough understanding of our key performance indicators and service level agreements and to formulate proposals for improvement of these indicators/results;
• Work closely with legal, internal control and risk to make sure we understand and meet the legal, risk management and control requirements;
• Updating into the system the customer’s personal data, including their consent to deliver the correspondence via email from claims requests;
• Recording into the system the requests with registry numbers and updating the information into a report that monitors all the files: complete or incomplete.
• Reconciling the monthly report to CNPP with payments and data updates into AMRP;
• Processing the files from CNPP regarding the last payments (expired customers) and obtaining customers consent for the final payment;
• Actively support the identification of change requirements and the development and testing of electronic systems (changes triggered by new legal requirements or by the need to increase efficiency);
• Sending the monthly letters for the instalment payments for the customers that receive their last payment and also payment instructions to Posta Romana, having in mind also the following-up (receiving the proof of processing it) and recording it into the system.
• Keeping the evidence of the claims archiving: all the claims files
• Preparing the documentation requested by FSA, internal audit, external audit, FdG
What we offer:
• Friendly and dynamic work environment with multiple career development opportunities, allowing the colleague to explore a variety of functions and processes within the Operations area;
• Inclusive and multicultural team where you can create impact with your innovative ideas and creative personality;
• Direct reporting to Pensions Operation Manager, guidance, and mentoring;
• Various learning & development programs, adapted to your needs and goals;
• Work-life balance programs and a special care for your physical and mental health;
• Benefits (flexible hours, meal tickets, private medical subscription, insurance policy, Bookster, additional holiday based on your seniority);
• Attractive salary and yearly additional compensation, according to your performance and support for the team;
• Hybrid way of working and good location – close to the subway.