Test Manager (IDPS)
The role sits within Index Change who work closely with Technology and our end users. The existing UAT Managers support our UAT'ers working across projects impacting (our Business users) Index Management and Index Review Team working on active systems. This role is looking for a UAT Manager looking after our Target state Index Data Platform which is currently in early phases of testing leveraging business resources across the group. Index Change is part of Content Services. The role reports into the Head of Index Change, based in London. The role is strategic and provides testing expertise and SME knowledge across FTSE Russell projects.
Index Change is responsible for all elements of Business Change of the FTSE Russell portfolio. It is a global group, with teams in Asia, EMEA and Americas. The group operates a "follow the sun model" and works as a single team across the different time zones.
This role will encompass all asset classes and data elements, working with the teams in each location and strategic partners to achieve the objectives.
The individual will be responsible for key areas that include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison with Development, QA and the Business
- Support the development of business requirements
- Peer Review and sign off UAT Test Plans and Scripts written by UAT Analysts
- Execution of UAT Test Scripts
- Formulate and review testing strategies
- Manage resources, recruit, train and upskill
- Manage cross regional team
- Production of Execution Reports
- Lead the writing of procedures and provide training to user for projects worked on
- Represent Index change on smaller projects from initialisation phase right through to implementation.
- Provide expert detail into the solutions and ensure they are fit for purpose from the end user's perspective.
- Work with the Portfolio Team to ensure that business expectations are met in the final delivery of the project.
- Responsible for writing the documentation, tracking this against progress and scope change. Seeking sign off from the business
- Responsible for giving regular reporting of each deliverable to the business users.
- Work with the Portfolio Team to ensure a full and detailed implementation process, including working with the Tech teams on the technical delivery, identifying checks and balances, ensuring end users are ready and up to speed on the change, ensuring all relevant documentation for the users is written, managing comms for implementation.
- Work with the Portfolio Team manage any parallel run activities, including sign off criteria and issue resolution.
- Support Index change on BAU changes and activities
- Evaluates the feasibility of change initiatives, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders to understand their new and emerging needs and experience with LSEG indexes and authorising and steering agreed change initiatives
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives to Index Management processes, frameworks and practices, staying abreast of and applying external best practices
- Manages the performance and development of Analysts and/or Senior Analysts as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Pro-active and goal orientated
- Excellent time management & planning skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (both in managing resources up and down)
- Excellent people skills - especially in diplomacy, advocacy and negotiating
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent English language skills (both written & verbal)
- Ideally have had experience within the Data interrogation and manipulation
- Have sound knowledge of Project Methodologies
- Have excellent knowledge of Test Methodologies (Agile) and how they fit into Project Methodologies
- Have excellent knowledge of the different Test Phases
- Have excellent knowledge of the different Test Documentation used on a Project
- Have excellent numeracy skills for statistics and reporting
- Have excellent SQL knowledge
- Have excellent Power BI knowledge
- Have excellent Microsoft office knowledge with a focus on Excel
- Substantial 'Hands-on' testing experience in different industries and organizations with an emphasis on data, index, and multiple asset classes
- Familiar with various test products and tools (e.g. Quality Center, Jira etc.)
- Proven ability to develop and manage test cases/scripts, test criteria & procedures
- Proven ability to translate scope and business rules into test cases/scripts
- Proven ability to develop test cases/scripts when there is no clearly defined scope, requirements, uses cases or stories
- Has worked previously within Agile, Waterfall and iterative project methodologies
- Has an excellent understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Experience with SAP tooling
- Understanding of Security master, issuer hierarchy and market data
- This can be either a People Manager or an Individual Contributor role
- Degree or equivalent
- Some experience in people management for some roles
- Significant experience in an in-house index role.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.