Automation Engineer (Molding) - Manufacturing TSR
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of i33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services
We work with tomorrow`s technology.
* Do you want to work with Automated Guided Vehicles, Collaborative Robots applications and new equipment in a strong team? Our team is focused to bring high level of automation on our production lines and processes.
* We are looking for an experienced automation engineer capable of designing, building, delivering and deployed a reliable automation process.
* You need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner: you are hands on and you lead by example. You have experience in, or a passion for, applying your skills in automation. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach. You create easy to maintain technical solutions with the long-term vision in mind.
* You'll be a key member of a mixed team (mechanical, electrical, automation, programmers) that designs, prototypes, integrates, tests and launches robotic applications throughout Continental production plants. You will partner with hardware engineers, software developers and project managers.
Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other internal and external teams.
* Participate in all phases of new developments including concept, design, architecting, prototyping, and production;
* Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms, start-up projects based on innovative solutions and concepts;
* develop prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility and functionality of your concepts, connect and combine different technologies (CoBots, aAGVs, sensors, PLC devices), experiment with and implement interfaces to various sensors and robots;
* Work closely with hardware teams to design and optimize the systems, Collaborate with software, hardware and operations teams;
* Analyze the current production systems and conducting benchmark studies and the challenges of our Plant;
* Keep update with technology trends, relevant academic research, software, hardware skills and tools.