Senior Developer Analytics
LSEG delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a limitless playing field where we apply the most advanced numerical analytics techniques and provide our clients with state-of-the-art products and capabilities.
This is a golden opportunity for a talented software engineer who has Analytics experience or the strong desire to learn about this stimulating field. We are building upon a new and rapidly evolving Public Cloud based analytics platform and are prepared to train the successful candidate to augment their skills.
Working closely with research teams, product managers and architects you will develop, build, improve and test financial data analysis models and associated practices and procedures. With other partners we innovate constantly improve our models and to provide truly differentiating insight for our customers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Engaging with product owners, architects and other specialists you'll design and build world-class cloud native solutions.
- You will assist your workstream by writing user stories, refining and estimating them as part of an agile process.
- You'll build and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure enterprise software, adhering to company standards.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that you deliver reliable software through static analysis, unit testing and other industry standard ways of working.
- You'll provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- To help the team develop and learn, you'll review work of peers, providing advice and guidance to benefit the team as a whole.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll adapt and find innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions, you'll work with other team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options and complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- You will have solid engineering skills, be able to quickly grasp and contribute to existing codebases and design concepts.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies
- Self-driven, goal-oriented team player with good communication skills
- Strong problem solving, algorithmic thinking and coding skills
- Strong practical knowledge and experience of C# and Java knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of how to appropriately use frameworks and libraries to typical software patterns like APIs, queues and distributed processing
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Ability to work in an agile team environment
Nice to have:
- Building and deploying AWS and MS Azure based applications
- Working with financial data
- Linux/Unix Experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient with CI/CD automation
Education / Certifications:
- A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important
- AWS certification a nice to have
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.