GFC Finance Project Controller
Through the diversity and complexity of its projects, Alstom is a very attractive employer for the young generations of Romanian specialists, giving them a unique chance to professionally grow in an international environment with access to worldwide knowledge and capabilities.Requirements
- Education: Degree in Finance / Business;
- Minimum 5 years solid finance experience;
- Long term contracts or project management;
- Previous project/site/expense controlling experience is a plus;
- Understanding and experience of complex multi-national organizations;
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Co-pilot to the Project Manager to ensure focus on the achievement of the financial goals of the project. Provides all required financial information about the project. Support Project Management, control the monthly margin realization, monitor and support the EAC change process, support project planning, and ensure that Alstom accounting guidelines are respected.
Single point of contact for all financial issues relating to the specific project portfolio controlled. Close monitoring of the project deliverables.
Early assessment and measuring of financial impact of risks and opportunities with regular follow-ups on action plans. Proactively follow and challenge the project cash flow and gross margin.
Your high-level challenges:
- Ensures that project calculations reflect current status of project, TAC approved and proposed in Global FORE, preparing EAC change requests;
- Input and updating project calculation in Global FORE and local system (ERP);
- Working our and updating Budget and Forecasts figures of the project in Global FORE;
- Review and analysis of Estimated-At-Completion calculation of the project for Budget, - Forecast and Actuals in Global FORE and local system;
- Review and analysis of variances between Budget, Forecast and Actual figures and comment on them in monthly reporting – especially Sales POC, Margin and Free Cash - Flow, Risk & Opportunities and Contingencies;
- Review and analysis of contract related Balance Sheet items with the target of minimization of Net Utilized Assets (Inventory Level, Advance Payments, Accounts Receivables, etc.);
- Make financial situation transparent to the Core Team;
- Prepare and present current status and alternative scenarios. Track project related savings activities;
- Prepare and update monthly reports and presentation in project review meetings;
- Contribute in Risk and Opportunities discussion and following up on action plans.
Accounting Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customs and customer invoicing, VAT, receivables and payment control;
- Cash-Flow Management (i.e. input of project figures in Cash Planner);
- Hedging activities in cooperation with Treasury (if necessary);
- Determine dispatch instructions, working out, procuring, distributing dispatch documents and, if necessary, custom documents (including their legalization, if necessary); ensure all relevant shipment activities (bill of lading, airway bills, packing list, custom invoices, etc.);
- Control warranty provisions to the end of the project;
- Provide input parameters for Bid Approval Process and support Blue Book tender activities for variation orders;
- Coordinate commercial affairs of internal partner, i.e. check of intercompany sales and purchases (interco matching);
- Control of cost and direct hours;
- Control of manhour writing;
- Procurement/Engineering: Quantify impact of change orders (profitability calculation), assess impact on the different cost items in the calculation, (i.e. Bill of material and engineering hours);
- Maintain and appropriate level of contingencies.
Specific Responsibilities to other Project Core Team Members:
- Keep Project Manager continuously updated on financial situation of project and upcoming risks and opportunities;
- Build and maintain successful cross functional relationships;
- Support Project Manager and/or Claim Manager in commercial negotiations and preparation of claims.