Booking Holdings Romania - Junior Visual Content Specialist (1 year contract)
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands.
As part of our Booking Holdings Romania team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the world’s leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer-facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.com.
About the role
The Junior Visual Content Specialist plays an active role in executing our visual operations. This is a 1 year contract position, as part of a team responsible for the visual content projects. The Junior Visual Content Specialist is a detail-oriented and creative image researcher/curator. Visual Content Specialists in Booking support the demand for unique, high-quality visual content in a scalable way. They possess visual acuity and photo/video editing, curation and post-processing skills, which supports their responsibility for curating media for a large variety of business needs.
- 1-3 years of similar experience;
- Experience in picture research;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, basic knowledge of retouching and digital photography; understanding of video editing and other visual media is also preferred;
- Strong eye, well developed composition skills and refined imagery aesthetics;
- Able to follow briefings & understand creative direction;
- Challenges feedback with objective viewpoints;
- Shows operational & business awareness;
- Familiar stock photography sources;
- Understanding of image licensing terms;
- Ensuring availability of visual media (incl. photos & video) that meet style guidelines and meet needs of stakeholders throughout various parts of the business;
- Research & purchase relevant media from external sources;
- Critically assess freelance creators/vendors and their deliverables, when required;
- Prepare and organize media/images for review and approval;
- Proactively offering project status updates;
- Supplementing, curating, editing, post-processing & managing a compelling media collection to meet our corporate business objectives;
- Quality control of imagery to provide a modern and engaging brand experience;
- Image retouching as necessary;
- Collaborate with internal teams and assist style direction;
- Support with guidelines and best practices;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.