Technical Writing Working Student for Technical Product Management team in Portal (full remote / hybrid)
About the company:
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9800 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
The Technical Product Management Team is a dynamic and multi-talented group of professionals who are dedicated to driving the success of our technical product offerings. Our team is split into two sub-teams, one based in Romania and the other in Germany, and we work closely together to ensure that our product solutions meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders. We are responsible for defining the product vision, prioritizing development efforts, and managing the end-to-end product lifecycle. Our team includes technical product managers, business engineers, project managers, and technical writers who use their expertise to deliver high-quality products that drive business value.
About the Working Student program:
This program is intended for students (currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master's program) who want to gain experience, following what they learned in a specialized faculty, in order to become IT specialists.
- Creation and maintenance of templates for customer communication in our technical systems;
- Exchange with international technical and specialist departments to clarify various issues of customer communication;
- Review and maintain technical documentation in our wiki system.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS;
- Communication skills, teamwork and a structured way of working;
- Basic understanding of SQL;
- Basic understanding of version control software like SVN/Git;
- Good English skills.
Would be a plus:
- If you have first experiences with HTML and CSS;
- If you are communicative and enjoy working in an international team;
- If you are studying technical editing or a comparable media-related study program and you are interested in a course-related activity in a dynamic and successful internet company;
- Good German skills.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with and learn cutting-edge technologies;
- Guidance and coaching to help you every step of the way;
- The opportunity to meet and work with experienced professionals;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Full-remote or hybrid work possibility;
- Substitute days off, for public holidays that occur on the weekend;
- Team events, networking events organized to promote a passionate, creative and diverse culture;
- Summerfest and Winterfest parties;
- 12.5 vacation days/6 months;
- Of course, coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruits are on us in the office.
Different cultures, nationalities, genders, age groups, sexual orientations, and religions as well as people with disabilities - we encourage diversity. Because only teams that reflect all facets of society offer the best framework conditions for creativity and make a company productive and distinctive. We value diversity and welcome all applications.