Buyer / Sourcing Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team ofemployees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Buyer will be responsible for sourcing raw materials to our animal nutrition plants in Craiova and Sibiu and managing related risks (price, quality, availability).
- Drive the implementation of regional sourcing decisions and provide support with the implementation of global sourcing decisions
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Develop deep market understanding and key market trends and drivers
- Develop sourcing strategies (long term) for each location that deliver on current and future demand to support business growth
- Maximize value out of connectivity with other Cargill businesses, develop connectivity opportunities
- Control and organize competitive sourcing process and supplier selection strictly in accordance with Cargill Guiding Principles, Procurement and other related policies and procedures
- Support material planning activities
- Understand any challenges or technical constraints for each plant and provide data based recommendations and actions as to how to overcome bottlenecks to ensure supply continuity at a minimum cost to the company
- Supervise and evaluate supplier performance and implement corrective action plans when necessary; Control and coordinate claims resolve with suppliers
- Regularly provide market updates for sales managers, agree and develop one shared vision regarding market prices and look for the optimal positioning for key ingredients with key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in areas such as purchasing, procurement or sales
- Demonstrated experience working for an animal nutrition producer/processor or agricultural commodities processer / consumer / trader
- English Language knowledge advanced both written and spoken
- MS Office Suite (Excel – good knowledge)
- Excellent negotiation skills, proactive and self-engaged
- SAP system knowledge
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV in English today!