Senior BI Developer
About Business Intelligence Products within Capital Markets Data Factory
Capital Markets Data Factory is comprised of Business Intelligence Products (BI), Data Warehouse (DWH), Application Development (App Dev), Development Operations (DevOps), Business Analysts (BA), Quality Assurance (QA), Project Managers (PM), Operational Support (Ops Support), Architects and Data Engineering teams. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solution and products for Capital Markets business.
The BI Products team is responsible for providing business intelligence data warehouse technical and reporting solutions for all of LSEGs Capital Markets - LSE, Turquoise (pan-European Equity Markets), TradECHO, FX CLOB, FX ECN, FX RFQ & FX RFS.
The success of the Business Intelligence team has been down to providing self-services BI with CMDF DWH as the core data source in a fast and effective manner. This has enabled the business to be hands on and allow them to analyse their data fast and give the BI team time to focus on adding value to the BI products within CMDF.
The BI team;
- Is small, focused and Agile - consisting of a BI Product Manager, in-house developers and QA teams.
- Builds upon and maintains local relationships with the Business and other Product teams (UK Equity Trading, Turquoise Trading and Surveillance teams) with regards to Strategy, Vision, Roadmaps, Business Requirements etc.
- Progresses the Change Management process for Business Intelligence solutions.
- Helps the QA teams (offshore) to design, build and execute appropriate test suites.
- Works with users to train them, coordinating the test and acceptance of the final system solution (UAT)
- Gets the technology platform changes deployed into production (working with internal Technology Project Managers and teams who physically manage the environments and perform releases etc)
- 2nd/3rd line production support (issue investigation and analysis, evaluation of priority with business)
To carry out the following key tasks as Business Intelligence Developer within the CMDF BI Development team:
Working with the Business Intelligence Product Manager you will strive to provide a first-class enterprise BI service, providing LSEG Capital Markets business with a flexible platform to enable the intelligence they need to transform and optimise services, develop and capitalise on new opportunities and support better decision whilst driving profitability.
- Assist the Business Intelligence Technical Lead and Product Manager with the design, development and maintenance of Tableau application, dashboards, and reports.
- Work with the Business Analysts Team Lead, Java Developers, End Users, System level DBAs, Sys Admins and QA teams when appropriate.
- Responsible for delivering technical documents such as Technical Designs, Specifications, Users Guides and Solution Architecture Documentation.
- Develop and support an enterprise product data warehouse and reporting environment, to deliver accurate and insightful business intelligence that advises the business to make strategic and tactical decisions and provides individuals with the information they need to perform their roles more effectively.
- Be comfortable working in a fast moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change
- Self motivated and pro-active.
- Team player (co-operative, support, be flexible, take ownership, appropriate challenge, maturity etc.).
- Highly organised, self-disciplined and thorough.
- Able to build good client (internal and external) relationships; establish and maintain rapport, orientation towards providing client service.
- Interested in the evolution of the Equities and Derivatives trading landscape in Europe.
- Happy to operate outside of their normal role when required.
- Strong experience on Tableau Desktop (including dashboard development, data modelling and troubleshooting issues).
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau objects including complex calculations (LODs, table calculations), parameters, filters, and actions etc.
- Experience of publishing dashboards on Tableau server is essential.
- Understanding of dashboard design best practices & dashboard performance tuning techniques is required.
- Experience with Tableau Server and Administration is a bonus but not essential.
- 3+ years experience with Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL Server T-SQL, Snowflake
- Good understanding of Equity and Derivatives Trading.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving (Requirements analysis, documentation, specification, testing)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Visio
- Proven assistance in the design and architecture of system and scenarios
- Excellent communication skills and engagement with Stakeholders (Business and Technical); both written and verbal.
- Agile, Waterfall and full SDLC experience
- Extensive use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.