Financial Risk Analyst
The Financial Risk Senior Analyst is a member of the Financial and Enterprise (F&E) Risk team, a team that is responsible for: developing, implementing, and monitoring an effective financial and enterprise risk framework across the Group.
The F&E Risk team is part of LSEG's Group Risk team. The team has the responsibility to ensure the framework and its governance remains fit for purpose for each part of the Group and for the Group itself.
Group Risk is responsible for providing assurance that the group's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. Group Risk holds a key second line risk role playing an active role in challenging financial & operational risks.
The Role reports to the Head of Portfolio Risk & Analytics, and has dotted line reporting to the rest of F&E leads (Head of Credit Risk, Head of Strategic Market Risk and Head of Enterprise Risk).
The Role is a member of the Financial and Enterprise Risk (F&E) team, the team responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring an effective financial (credit, market, liquidity, business risk) and enterprise risk framework across the Group. Specific responsibilities of the role include:
Business Risk (35%)
Calculation, development, explanation and recommendations to the business, senior stakeholders and Group executive committees of key analysis, including:
- The Group-wide stress testing process
- Reverse Stress Testing analysis
- Quantification of emerging business risks
Support the work of the Enterprise and Financial risk team (30%)
- Undertake Country risk reviews, including the analysis of financial, resilience, reputational and AML risks and the presentation of the findings.
- Develop and manage relationships with cross-group business units to enhance the coverage and reputation of the Enterprise & Financial Risk team.
- Development of relevant policies as the Financial Risk function matures.
- Preparation of clear & compelling materials for senior management, executive and non-executive committees.
- Contribute to maintenance of the team's Quantitative Financial Risk system.
- Risk oversight of the Group's aggregate counterparty credit risk exposures.
Quantitative analysis (10%)
- Periodic review and assessment of the Group's financial risk appetite metrics
- Ad-hoc analysis and financial risk deep dives
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop their own opinions is essential.
- A numerical or economics degree or equivalent preferred; post-graduate degree a plus.
- Experience in financial risk management (market, credit and/or liquidity risk) within the investment banking, fund management, market infrastructure or clearing house industry would be advantageous but is not essential. Candidates with experience in a Group Risk function are preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of OTC and exchange-traded financial products.
- Ability to interpret high level briefs independently, think critically and logically to progress work and deliver recommendations or analysis.
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables, work to deadlines & manage conflicting demands on time.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex issues into a format that transcends levels of seniority, and that can be used to inform decision making.
- Ability to write clear & compelling, well presented documents and presentations.
- Organised, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities and proactivity for growing network across the Group.
- Proficient excel skills. Programming knowledge (VBA, Python, SQL or similar) would be advantageous but is not essential.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.