Finance Operations Specialist
Booking Holdings Romania is a Center of Excellence based in Bucharest, Romania and was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of our Brands.
As part of our Booking Holdings Romania team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the world’s leading provider of online travel, with a mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world through six-primary consumer-facing brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, OpenTable and Rentalcars.com.
About the role
As a Finance Operations Specialist, you will be working on a global portfolio of accounts to ensure that the Billing, Accounts receivable Legal Collections operational ad hoc tasks are performed daily by closing Zendesk & Jira tickets.
The specialist will reconcile accounts, issue manual invoices, post payments and update customer records in the Accounting/Reporting systems and perform Cash application for high volume of receipts.
You are responsible to investigate and resolve business partner inquiries to ensure the efficient payment allocation (including Direct Debit), inbound management, and ad-hoc business requests to accommodate for bulk / complex payment clearances.
Among other tasks is the ability to produce accounts receivable/Billing/ Legal Collections overview and initiative dashboards and prepare management reports including open receivables, unapplied cash and many ad hoc projects related to the global revenue operations department.
- Bachelor degree in Finance preferred
- 1-3 years similar experience
- Good command of SAP, MS office, Google Chrome
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English
- Team and service oriented approach
- Experience with process improvement or automation
- Accurate, with good attention to details
- Ability to work independently, with high self-motivation and discipline
- Should be persistent and have sense of urgency
- Creative thinker
- Full ownership, accountability and proactiveness
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
- Post all incoming cash payments from customers (direct debit bank transfer payments) and ensure accurate and timely allocation adhering to our SLAs, rectifying any allocations or process issues that may occur.
- Set up and maintain appropriate records and files concerning customer remittance and accounts receivable posting transactions, perform the GL Reconciliations
- Ensure standard processes are adhered to and are documented in accordance with the compliance standards and guidelines
- Process sub-team operations:
○ Handling tickets from multiple OTC teams
○ Ad hoc O2C tasks
○ Legal collection tasks
- Regular contact with banks, third party providers and correspondence with
internal stakeholders at all levels
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vast amounts of data to validate your ideas and the opportunity to experiment with real users
Booking Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.