Accounting Advisor - Dell Financial Services
Here’s our story; now tell us yours:
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Sound experience in the financial services sector or public accounting
- Solid background in control design and implementation
- Financial report analysis including data management
- High level of competence in analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial data
- 5+ years of previous applicable experience
· Bachelor’s / Master’s degree
· Previous experience using leasing tools or willingness to develop leasing knowledge
· Previous experience working in FDM, Novora, Essbase, SAP
· Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
Join us as an Advisor on our Accounting team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
You will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and work with relevant non-accounting personnel in reviewing contracts to confirm company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Drive implementation of system improvements to increase department efficiency and accuracy
- Make journal entries for accurate intercompany reporting and settlement
- Prepare account reconciliations, including supporting documentation
- Provide suggestions for improving processes performed within the team
- Provide support to company initiatives via project participation
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.