Advanced Purchasing Engineer for AN (TM)
As car architectures are evolving very fast along with an increasing technical complexity there is a need for a special product focus. In this context Business Area AN will establish a new organizational unit "Product Line HPC". We as purchasing organization AN will support this set up with a dedicated team. The purpose of this team is to assure BOM competitiveness already in the acquisition phase or even earlier, which means a significant impact on the success and profitability of the HPC business.
* Member of the Product Line Team and owner of the Purchasing function within HPC Projects reporting to the Head of Purchasing Product Line HPC, primary Interface to the Product Line R&D, Central Purchasing and SQM;
* Objectives and Supplier Strategy in alignment with central purchasing;
* Ensure Up-to-date Supplier and Tech. Roadmap knowledge with all key relevant Suppliers, drive innovation as well as create partnership models incl. common development of new solutions as a differentiation from competition;
* Master complex sourcing models (Partnership, Cust. Directed Buy, In-House Directed Buy, etc.);
* Global Harmonization of BOM Cost Calculation from Acquisition through Serial Production;
* Ensure best BOM on-time to support sales generation and gross margin targets, together with R&D drive best BOM architecture solution in the RFI/RFQ Phase;
* Identify emerging requirements to enable early engagement for Platform Sourcings;
* Support business case creation as basis for generic sourcings/quantity assumptions for quotes;
* Set up unified BOM costing assumptions cross regions ;
* Initiate measures to ensure long term capacity and cost reductions;
* Ensure Re-usable modules Roadmap is aligned with BA AN needs, member of the sourcing steering committee for relevant component groups & steer implementation across the whole BA;
* Ensure Software is fully accounted for in BOM for Audit Compliance and Cost Transparency. Differentiate and Master Software content and scalability.
* Completed studies (B.A., M.A., Dipl.) in economics or engineering or a comparable field of study;
* Several years of professional experience in purchasing (operational & strategic) favorable;
* Several years of professional experience in the area of electronics;
* international experience in studies or profession is an advantage;
* Very good negotiation techniques;
* Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking;
* Fluency in written and spoken English (German is a plus);
* Advanced negotiation and communication skills.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners. Life-Long Learning:
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of i33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.