Infrastructure Reliability Engineer
The Business Infrastructure Services (BIS) group drives the engagement between the Infrastructure & Cloud teams and the Data, Indices and Analytics CIO division.
The IRE team use their experience to drive resiliency and optimization solutions while advancing the move of infrastructure onto cloud environments such as Azure and AWS. Additionally, by applying a detailed and curious approach they influence the Problem Management and root cause investigations to drive improvements and implement lessons learned.
This team is growing and evolving; we're looking for candidates who will help drive our engagement to the next level with our business partners!Key Responsibilities:
- Identifies and influences service and system improvements by collaborating with third party and software vendors, users and IT teams.
- Lead and deliver on several concurrent projects, improvements and risk mitigation to the current systems and infrastructure.
- Clear and concise communicator to actively report on impact, risks, progress, and timescales to associated teams and partners.
- Continually improve monitoring performance and identifying any issues, propose possible solutions, and work with support engineers to provide resolution.
- Apply the best of Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code practices to simultaneously increase change velocity and platform stability.
- Hands-on involvement and collaboration with the Technical Services/ Product Engineering teams to assist on high profile projects definitions and standard methodologies.
- Write and maintain appropriate documentation for manual and automated processes and integrate corporate technical standards and policies where applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in IT with 8+ years relevant experience and/or equivalent work experience and certification (examples include cloud Amazon/Azure/Google and ITIL V4).
- A strong technical background with experience in a large global organization and advantageous to have experience in DevOps/SRE
- Good understanding of cloud design, implementation, support and prior experience migrating applications from on-prem infrastructure to cloud a distinct advantage.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand existing complex environment and be able to easily identify problem areas and undertake successful implementations to resolve and/or mitigate.
- Data science scripting experience an advantage to enable correlation of data sets to identify trends and opportunities for proactive improvement.
- Experience working with global teams in a 24x7 environment and able to demonstrate leading with diversity and cultural awareness in a hybrid office/virtual environment.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.