HR Admin Immigration Coordinator
We are SLB
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of SLB who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in.
We are SLB, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
What are we looking for?
The Romania VIC Coordinator is responsible for assisting employees and their families with obtaining the required visas, permits and documents to travel to or work in Romania. The VIC Coordinator supports business units and functions in ensuring compliance to Schlumberger policies and practices.
• Coordinate the documentation required for relocations and transfers, business meetings, training, internships, seasonal employment, offshore employment, intermittent visits for work purposes, permanent resident status, desert and offshore passes, and attestations where applicable.
• Maintain internal immigration and visa records as required by law and coordinate with external vendors.
• Maintain files related to immigration laws, such as visas, public access files, labor applications and work permits, and coordinate inquiries by the public or governmental agencies.
• Maintain visa files of employees to ensure continued validity, and monitor and track ongoing compliance with particular visa requirements and right to work.
• Assist with coaching and developing new team members.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Help develop and maintain course material related to visa and immigration topics; provide training to managers, Legal, Human Resources and other employees as required.
• Promote privacy awareness, and oversee deployment of data protection requirements and the company's privacy strategy. • Plan policies and guidelines to meet future legislative changes.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
• Support the Visa and Immigration Compliance team in ensuring compliance with Romania immigration rules.
• Liaise with relevant government bodies (Immigration Authorities and Ministry of Labor, etc.) and immigration provider efficiently in order to ensure expediting of formalities and document processing for the Romania Immigration process.
• Comply with Schlumberger standards and policies.
• Keep the communication with the employees and the relevant stakeholders throughout the Immigration process (HR team, HR Admin, Relocation team, Payroll team, Managers, VIC lead)
Experience & Exposures:
• High level of English language
• Min. 5 years previous experience in Romania Immigration
• Strong knowledge of Romanian immigration Laws
• Advanced knowledge of Romanian Labor Code and Laws related to Labor relations
• Strong knowledge of EU directive and Regulation regarding immigration Laws and Laws related to Labor relations • Strong knowledge of Posted workers directive
• Advanced knowledge of Schengen visa code
• A1 certificate legislation knowledge
• Strong communication skills
• Client service orientated
What we can offer:
- Work from home allowance;
- Bookster - for book lovers;
- We work hybrid, 2 days at the office and 3 days at home;
- Meal tickets;
- Private medical subscription - GOLD package;
- Life insurance;
- Company events, great office location ( near Grozavesti metro station, our office is in "The Bridge" buildings)
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development;
- Career growth opportunities both national and international;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.