Electrical BIM Specialist - Hybrid Work
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in electrical design
- Excellent AutoCAD skills
- Experience in working with a 3D software
- Strong English skills
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or in a related field
Nice to have:
- Revit MEP advanced skills
- Plant 3D advanced skills
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in working in BIM - knowledge of BIM standards and BIM Execution Plans
- Experience in using any Clash detection software, preferably Navisworks
- Experience in working on BIM Coordination tasks: clash detection, BIM model quality check
- Designing parts of electrical installations up to 1 kV, such as: equipment sizing, cable sizing, cable tray sizing, lighting level calculation
- Producing and checking drawings for each stage of the project: Single Line diagrams, Control diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation equipment layouts, cable routing and power installation layouts, lighting installation layouts, frounding and lightning installation layouts)
- Design using BIM software besides traditional methodologies
- Liaise with senior management and engineering personnel from AECOM’s offices around the world on engineering related matters
- Assist senior BIM personnel with the development of standard BIM workflows and templates for Electrical engineering tasks
- Implement the design into the BIM model by 3D modeling and inputting relevant parameters according to the Level of Detail and Level of Information agreed with the client
- Works under general supervision.
- Provides training and technical support to design staff on the Building Information Modeling system, which provides 3D models using project specifications and content.
- Direct project support and production to assigned projects and create the drawings as required using the standards and content to meet the job requirements (objects within the drawing, doors, lights, etc.).