Instrumentation Engineer - Hybrid Work
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- Minimum 7 years-experience in instrumentation & control engineering/design for water treatment systems
- Experience in an I&C engineering role developing process flow diagrams and/or assisting with the development of process & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) in coordination with water/wastewater process engineers.
- Good knowledge of the European Standards, ISA Standards, British Standards, NFPA Codes, etc.
- Well versed with technical software’s like INtools, INstrucalc, Fisher, Masoneilan Control Valves and Flow Elements Sizing
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office™ tools (day to day use of: Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good knowledge of the AutoCAD, Microstation V8i Design and Revit software.
- Practical working experience with different international actors, involvement in international projects dedicated to industrial plants and water treatment facilities
- Good people and communication skills and an ability to interact with project team members
- English language – advanced level.
- Education/degree: Automation bachelor’s degree
The job consists in preparing and checking the following technical documents: P&ID mechanization, Control Philosophies, Technical Specifications for PCS, SIS, F&G, Telecommunication, Field Instrumentation, Fiber Optic Cabling & Ducting, Overall Control Architectures, Layouts of Instruments and Cable Routes for ICSS and Fire & Gas systems, Security Access CCTV system, Data Sheets for Field Instrumentation ICSS (Control Valves included) and Fire & Gas, Schedules for Instruments, I/O, Cables, Hook-Up Primary & Secondary, JB Wiring Schematics & Loops, ESD Cause Effects Diagrams, Instrumentation Sizing calculations and selections (Control Valves and Flow Elements), MTO, BOQ, Material Requisition, Vendors Follow-Up.
The engineer must coordinate with the activities of the other technical disciplines involved in the developed projects and to find the most suitable technical solutions, considering all the implications.
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.