_VOIS (Vodafone Intelligent Solutions) is a strategic arm of Vodafone Group Plc, creating value and enhancing quality and efficiency across 28 countries, and operating from 6 locations: Albania, Egypt, Hungary, India, Romania, and the UK.
Over 26,000 highly skilled individuals are dedicated to being Vodafone Group’s partner of choice for talent, technology, and transformation. We deliver the best services across IT, Care, Business Intelligence Services, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, HR Operations, and many more. Established in 2006, _VOIS has evolved into a global, multi-functional organisation, a Centre of Excellence for Intelligent Solutions focused on adding value and delivering business outcomes for Vodafone.
_VOIS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences and we welcome and value diverse people and insights. We believe that being authentically human and inclusive powers our employees’ growth and enables them to create positive impact for themselves and society. We do not discriminate based upon age, colour, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, and national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
• Degree in computer science or comparable qualification.
• Problem solving and solution-oriented thinking
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Excellent experience (2+ years) with database technologies and architecture (especially Oracle)
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query optimization as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Strong programming knowledge, especially in Python
• Know how in designing and implementing data pipelines and data structures.
• Experience with data modelling, ETL/ELT processes, data warehousing, real-time data processing, data movement technologies
• Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies, namely Scrum and Kanban
• Understanding of cloud data warehousing concepts and data manipulation skills for analytics
• Experience with versioning systems such as Git
• Awareness of CI/CD tools.
• Knowledge of Linux and Scripting languages (shell & Perl)
• Design, build and implement data models for Analytics and Automation databases and program the data pipelines for on-prem databases as well as in the cloud.
• Connect new data sources, analyse the data together with the data scientists and prepare the data model and ETL process.
• Enable real-time-correlation software on big data sets.
• Ensure the data quality and data privacy.
• Optimise the performance of ETL processes/SQL Queries.
• Operate the data warehouses on application level.
• Participate in the planning and designing stage of solutions
• Be up-to-date in terms of current and future technologic trends;
• WFH - Hybrid approach
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!