UI Technical Lead Developer
This position will be responsible for leading a team of software developers in a cloud (AWS) based development environment. The role will involve both hands on development, technical lead responsibilities (best practices, code reviews etc.) and potentially development into some team management. The technical lead is expected to assist both the Development and Product Managers to develop new functionality as required by the business users.
This team is responsible for custom front end application development following industry best practices. The tech lead is expected assist in the production of custom application solutions by working closely with business users and architecture throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle. They will help design, prototype, evaluate, develop, and test software for computer systems. This work will be in an Agile development environment.
This person will work both collaboratively and independently among a team of other frontend developers in the areas of requirements gathering, software design, testing and implementation, learning industry and LSEG's best practices, solution architecture and software development methodology. Knowledge of API Design best practice and API Gateways would be helpful although not essential.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:- cross training and learning; they will get the project after training;
- Analyze business requirements and implement clean, secure, resilient solutions
- Review, analyze, and modify/redesign software systems as necessary
- Ability to establish and promote best practices.
- Effectively communicate with solution Architects
- Have ownership and understanding of the overall solution (Big Picture)
- Produce scripts to integrate with team's automated process and tooling for build/deployment - CI/CD
- Collaborate with peers to develop and deploy the best solutions
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure code quality
- Ensuring scrum artefacts are complete, up-to-date, and transparent
- Act as a mentor to all staff
- Ensuring documentation is readable, useable, and complete
- Establish technology standards with the team and other development managers
- Peer reviewing/Pair programming and removal of any single point of failure
- Capable to perform code reviews and provide code to optimize performance of the application.
- Effectively communicate with our Business Partners: end-users, user groups and product owners
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
Relevant 5-8 years experience in software development with:
- Expert level - Angular 8 or higher (preferably Angular 10), Angular CLI, ngRx, Redux, RxJS and Typescript.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented, Reactive and Functional programming
- Experience in developing reusable Angular/web Components
- Knowledge of cross platform / browser compatibility, Accessibility issues and how to overcome it with on top of the UI/UX.
- Optimization of web applications performance and page loading.
- Knowledge of front-end debugging using chrome dev tools.
- Able to understand wire frames and give suggestions for improvement.
- Strong experience in module bundlers like webpack / Gulp
- Development tooling to track and automate software delivery through the SDLC: e.g., Jira, Confluence,Bitbucket.
- Have written and maintained tests for front end code using framework like Karma, Jasmine etc.
- Fullstack experience;
- Experience in static code analysis tools like sonar, CI/CD hands on experience with Jenkins
- Good experience in Agile based development approach; i.e., Scrum/Lean/Kanban/XP, TDD/BDD, CI/CD
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year;
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday;
- Annual wellness allowance;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Medical Health Insurance;
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services);
- Dental Coverage;
- Life insurance;
- Pillar 3 Private Pension;
- Meal Vouchers;
- Flexible Benefits;
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.