2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share by simplifying the complexities of modern commerce. 2Checkout’s digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In August 2020, 2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. Verifone is connecting payment devices to the cloud, merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
Built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security with approximately 29 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Verifone’s team is known as trusted experts who work with clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. Verifone has clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers.
Verifone revolutionizes commerce. Simply. Everywhere.
As part of the new journey, 2Checkout (now Verifone) is growing the talented tech team in Bucharest where it will create an R&D excellence center.
Almost 100 jobs will be open in the following months to work on top-notch payments like: integrating alternative payment methods, payments authentication, mobile POS application, payment gateway solutions, android platform for payment devices and others.
The new colleagues will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies for solutions used in more than 150 markets in which Verifone operates. They will also contribute to the development of ultra-innovative payment solutions and integrated ecosystems used in all global sales channels, both online and offline, many of which do not currently exist in Romania. This is a collaborative and fast paced work environment, where people work with real time problems, that make a big impact in the industry.
Technical skills and qualifications
• Knowledge and understanding of data protection laws
• Experience with privacy risk assessments and a track record of supporting businesses in Data Privacy role
• Demonstrable ability to recognize the relevance of risk trends, issues and potential risk exposure
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
• Integrity and high professional ethics
• Passionate about data privacy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Great attention to detail and highly organized
• Demonstrated ability to satisfy compliance requirements by taking a pragmatic and risk-based approach, being a strategic thinker and problem solver, and finding workable solutions
• Ability to handle information and business affairs with secrecy and confidentially
• Self-awareness and confidence to recognize knowledge gaps and escalate where appropriate
• Co-ordinate Data Privacy requests and liaising with business areas.
• Assist with Data privacy activities, functions and processes within our regulated operating framework including conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments, maintain and update Record of Processing Activities, conduct third-party due diligence reviews, Transfer Impact Assessment and assist with identifying safeguard mechanism for international transfers.
• Provide Data Privacy support for global information systems
• Support the Data Privacy Office with ad hoc projects and carry out additional duties as assigned by manager.