Full Stack PHP Developer
The Access Group is one of the leading providers of business management software to small and mid-sized organizations in the UK, Ireland, and Asia Pacific. Over the past years, we’ve gone from almost 1,000 to 6,000 people. We help over 60,000 customers across commercial and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient.
Our Global Delivery Center in Romania is on a journey of continuous growth and want to engage with top talent around the country. Headquartered in Timisoara, we offer you the possibility to work remote and join our offices at your choice.
Helping everyone at Access Love work and Love life is at the heart of everything we do. It shapes how we do things and allows us to create a place where people want to be and can be at their best.
We’re passionate about our values, which guide how we all make decisions and get things done. We love to make our customers lives easier so our value to ‘Make Access better every day’ is one we’re obsessed with. From attracting the right people, helping them grow and be the best they can be, we’re helping people at Access to love what they do and be happy.
· Knowledge of SPA Frameworks such as Vue.JS/React/Angular.
· Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable, and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
· Will demonstrate the ability to contribute and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
· Will display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making to achieve project deliverables.
· Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
· Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
· Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain and also improve our high quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
· Where required, provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
· Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
· Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and understand scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
· Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approach.
· Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
· Identify, compartmentalize, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
· Be able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
· Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done.
· Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
· Champion a quality focused approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews and unit testing where appropriate. Ensure the appropriate logging and monitoring mechanisms are in place, and effective.
· Report to Team Lead and Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
· Creation of technical documentation where required.
· Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded PHP Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
· Technologies & Tools:
· Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
· Git-based Source Control
· Elastic Search
· CSS pre/post-processors (PostCSS, Sass, etc)
· Automated Testing Frameworks & Tools
· Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
· Tools such as Gitlab / AWS DevOps Pipelines
· OAuth2 / SAML
· APM Frameworks – e.g. NewRelic / AppDynamics
· NGINX / Apache
· Unix server administration
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday you will also receive:
· A Competitive Salary
· Giving Back/Charity days
· Quarterly Socials