AR Accountant with Hungarian and English - Bucharest Office
Bunge is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients.
Founded in 1818, Bunge's expensive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe.
Our Company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, and we have more than 22,000 dedicated employees working across more than 300 facilities located in over 400 countries.
In Romania, Bunge is one of the leading traders in the local market and a leader in bottled oil and bio-diesel through its integrated facilities located in Buzau and Lehliu.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1 - 3 years of work experience in a similar role preferred
- Experience in Agribusiness/Commodity trading industry preferred
- Minimum Education Qualification – Graduation
- Good knowledge of concepts and procedures related to Collection and Disputes tasks
- Knowledge of concepts and procedures related to Billing and Cash Application processing is a plus
- Ability to provide high quality level of customer service for Collection and Disputes tasks
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and deliver high quality output under time pressure
- Independent and meticulous with figures
- Strong written & oral communications skills in Hungarian (level B2) and English.
- Strong problem solving & organization skills
- Experience in handling interpersonal relationship with customers and processes through a sustained period of change
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in ERP/ Accounting systems
- Experience working in a similar Shared Services Centre setup a distinct advantage
- Experience in processing of high volumes of transactions
- Experience in SAP, workflow tools and document imaging systems
- Perform collection activities for assigned company codes/segments
- Initiate and monitor dispute resolution
- Perform SOX controls and ensure SOX compliance as per the policies in place
- Identify and research for remittances from clients in support for Cash application Team to clear unapplied cash receipts
- Resolve client queries within defined timelines
- Prepare and review Accounts Receivables (AR) aging report to Europe Finance Team
- Identify and send proposal for AR write-offs as per instructions by Europe Finance Team
- Customer/order blocks management
- Provide reports and run queries to assist Europe Finance Team in period end closing process (bad debt provisioning)
- Identify ideas for process improvement utilizing industry leading practices
- Handle exceptions generated, perform root cause analysis to resolve current issues and act proactively to avert potential issues in future
- Provide all information, documents and reports for audit. Post the audit; take steps as per corrective action plan drafted by the Team Leader
- Process formalization, constant SOP review and update for BBS countries in scope
- Ensure procedures are compliance with Group Policies and reporting requirements
We Are Bunge
Bunge is a global agribusiness with one mission – we connect farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed and fuel to the world. We have unmatched global scale and deeply rooted relationships which allow us to bring innovative ingredients and knowledge to some of the world’s biggest brands – many of which are likely in your home right now.
We know that to achieve our mission and deliver the best results to our customers, each other and the world we need to work together – so we hire talented people who are passionate, bold and driven to work as One Bunge. This dedication is deeply embedded in our culture and reflected in the way we work.
Every day our people exemplify these values, which represent Bunge at its core:
Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration and respect
Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
Do What’s Right by acting safely, ethically and sustainably
If this sounds like you, join us! We value and invest in people who believe in our purpose and are excited to live it every day – people who are #ProudtoBeBunge